Chapter Eighteen: Willy Pager

NOVA'S P.O.V

  I was in the monitoring room where we study things about orcas.
Me and Drew were there and then Jesse walked in and brought his computer,harmonica and some other random stuff.
"What..are you doing?" Drew asked really confused.
"Making a call" Jesse said nonchalantly.

  Jesse had tiny keyboard with him too. He was playing harmonica notes with it.
"Willy likes my harmonica playing. When he hears it,he knows it's me" Jesse said looking at Drew.

  "So you think you're gonna play that sound over the hydrophone and he's just gonna come running.." Drew said.

"Uh huh" Jesse said.

"A mile away.." Drew continued.

"Yeah" Jesse said,genuinely serious about what he was doing.

"Okay.." Drew said walking back to where she was.

Drew looked at me weirdly. "Is he seriously the guy of your dreams Nova?" She whispered. "Drew, He's not even bad" I protested.  

"I changed the harmonica sample to fit Willy's ear.  He can hear—" Jesse said,but me and Drew cut him off. "Hear much higher sound. Like a dog. Darling, we went to school" I said smiling.

Jesse smiled back at me and looked back at his computer. "I'm pitching the sound so high that we can't hear it but he can. If Willys in a 30 mile radius then he'll be able to hear it" Jesse said.
"That's smart" I said going up beside Jesse.

  Drew walked closer to us and looked at what Jesse was doing.
Jesse was putting the harmonica sound waves onto one of the screens.
"Sort of a Willy pager?" Drew said.
"Pretty cool huh?" Jesse said.
"You set this up all by yourself?" Drew asked.

"Mhm" Jesse said playing around with the buttons. Drew gave me and Jesse a look. "How old are you?" Drew asked looking at Jesse.

Jesse paused and looked back at drew. "How old are you?" Jesse responded. 

"I think that's an awfully personal question.." Drew said as she stuffed a piece of an orange in her mouth,walking away.

I looked at Jesse placing a peck on his cheek. "I think she really wants to keep you" I referred to Drew as I smiled at my boyfriend.  Jesse smiled back wrapping his arms around my waist. "Really?" He whispered in my ear. 

"Uh-huh" I smiled.