Chapter Nineteen: Pranks

NOVA'S P.O.V

Short time skip, me, Jesse and Drew are on the deck whale watching. I'm sitting on one of the chairs and Jesse is still looking for Willy,but has been having a hard time finding him.

Drew comes up behind Jesse. "Any luck?" She asks as Jesse is looking through his binoculars. "Not yet.." He mutters.

Drew pulls out her other binoculars, AKA her pranking binoculars. "You wanna try these? They're a lot better" Drew says handing Jesse the binoculars. The binocular lens are lined with black marker ink? I'm guessing it's marker ink at least.

Drew and my dad always love pranking new crew members, they even did that to me once. Jesse takes the binoculars and gives Drew a quick thank you. He puts them over his eyes as I silently giggle to myself.  "Oh yeah..they are better" Jesse said slightly smiling.

I saw my dad and got of my chair to follow him. "J, have you seen anything?" I ask. Jesse takes the binoculars off and turns to look at me and my dad. "Nah just birds. Things like that" Jesse said. My dad slowly turned to give Drew a look. She was smiling like an idiot as she covered her mouth. "Oh Jesse.." I whispered quiet enough that he couldn't hear me. Jesse gave Drew a weird side eye.

One of the captains came up with the other one and took out his camera. "Hey uh it's a little tradition we have kid. It's called a group photograph. Everyone get in close" The captain said. We all huddled in and smiled as he took the picture. The photos developed and the captain gave us all the pictures.

Drew turned to Jesse. "I'm really liking it Jesse, it's brings out your eyes" She said referring to the literal dark circles around his eyes. Everyone laughed as Jesse looked at the photo and started to laugh as well.