Chapter Ten:Jealousy

NOVA'S P.O.V

  Nadine wanted me to do some extra diving crap for her research. She said she would've done it herself,but she doesn't have a bathing suit apparently. I got my bathing suit and wore it than I quickly drove to the docks with my car. I park my car in odd places,this time conveniently it was in the forest. Jesse and dad weren't there yet. I went up to Nadine,trying to convince her that she should do her own research.
"Nadine! You literally know how to swim! Why can't you go?" I asked helping her pull a rope up.
"If I all of sudden meet the oh so famous Willy the whale, I think it'd be nice for you to see him!" She said smiling.
"Nadine.. I've heard him a couple times since like 3 weeks ago. It's not really a big deal to me.." I said.

  Dad and Jesse were approaching the docks as the thought of Jesse seeing me in a bathing suit popped into my mind.
"Hey Randolph!" "Hey Dad!" Me and Nadine said in sync.
I heard a small bit of their conversation as I walked a little closer.
"Hope she's the second surprise.." Jesse said.
"I'll ignore that" Dad answered quickly.
Was he looking at Nadine? Maybe. Probably.  All my worst fears have just been made. I've liked Jesse for a while now. Maybe since..he met Rae?

JESSE'S P.O.V

  Why wouldn't Randolph let me talk to Nova? I don't know. He seemed to get really protective over her as we became teenagers.
"Come inside and I'll teach you how to steer" He said opening the door for me.
I went back out to take a look at Nova.
"Well why won't you let me talk to her? And who's the girl beside her?" I asked. Randolph took my shirt and pulled me back into the boat.
"They're my orca spotters. The other girl is Nadine, my goddaughter..Cast off that line Nadine we'll be on our way!" Randolph said,completely ignoring my first question.

I looked off the top deck to see a girl untying the rope beside the dock. Nova was still in her bathing suit. She was helping Nadine untie the other rope.

Randolph started steering as I kept looking back at Nova. Randolph probably noticed this and started talking.
"Keep a look out" He said passing me binoculars.
I chuckled and used the binoculars to look at Nova.
She got really pretty in the past few years. When we were 12 I always thought she was nice for spending time with me even thought I seemed to hate her.
Randolph slapped my shoulder since he noticed what I was doing.
"Give me a break Jesse. You know that's my daughter.." Randolph said looking off into the distance.
"So? What are you saying" I asked.
"So? Im saying she's my daughter and Nadine is like a daughter to me. I look out for the two of them" He said.
"Okay.." I said shrugging.

  Randolph took a glance at me at started talking.
"Hey Nova! Nadine! Come on up here!" He said.
I gave Randolph a smile.

NOVA'S P.O.V

  I swear to god. It looks like Jesse has been eyeballing Nadine ever since he saw her. Me and Nadine slowly went up the ladder.
"Hey Nadine..you don't think Jesse likes you right?" I said worried as I started to climb after her.
"Nova, I like someone else. Don't worry about it. Plus I think he's been checking you out" She said.
"No that's weird.." I said averting my gaze somewhere else.
"What do you need Randolph?" Nadine asked as I finally made it up the ladder.
"Nadine, Jesse. Jesse,Nadine" Dad said.
I gave them an uncomfortable look.
"Hey dad..why don't we show Jesse the tape?" I said interrupting.
"Great idea! Let's go now shall we?" Dad said signalling is to come down the ladder.
————————————————————
"Listen to this" Dad said while putting the tape in. "I made this recording about a week ago" He continued.
Orcas doing their own language started to play. Happy squealing and yapping. It would probably be impossible for Jesse not to know that it's Willy.
"Randolph..It's Willy!" Jesse said.
"I didn't wanna tell you until we were sure" Dad said smiling.
————————————————————
Dad went back up to where Nadine was as I stayed down with my pair of binoculars.

All of a sudden Jesse came up from beside me and used his binoculars.
"Hey Jess.." I said smiling.
"Hey Novie" He said in response.
I was about to start a conversation as dad called out to us.
"Hey guys! J-pod!" He said.
"Wow..We gotta get closer!" Jesse said.
"That's at least 60!" I said looking at Jesse.
I spotted Willys family. Specifically his mother.
"Look at the size of that one Nova!" Jesse said point at Catspaw.
"That's Catspaw! Willy's mother" I said smiling.
Jesse looked at her in amazement.
"He finally found her.." He mumbled.

"Over there guys ! They're spy-hopping!" Nadine said pointing from above.
I quickly ran to right side of the boat ,as well as Jesse.
"Wow.." I said.

Jesse went up to see dad. Automatically, I assumed that he saw Willy and his siblings because I heard him scream Willy's name.
————————————————————