Chapter Twelve: Oil Spill

NOVA'S P.O.V

It's been a couple hours since we saw Willy again.
Jesse invited me and Nadine to go to the campsite with him. I accepted,but Nadine declined. She was trying to set me and Jesse up,clearly.

Me and Jesse were sitting on the hill beside the Greenwood's campsite. We were still whale spotting today. As I was using the binoculars, I turned to look at the Greenwoods as Elvis made a face at me.
I laughed in response.
"What?" Jesse asked smiling.
"He doesn't look anything like you.." I said smiling as Elvis stuck his tongue out.
"Oh Elvis..well we got different dads" Jesse said looking away.

"Hey..y'know I also have a half sibling.." I said looking back at the water.
"Really?" Jesse asked.
"Yeah,but she doesn't want anything to do with me. She's around the same age as Elvis actually" I said.
"When did you find out about her?" Jesse asked also looking at the water.
"Maybe a year ago?" I said sadly.

"Oh hey look,an oil tanker" Jesse said changing the topic.
I took the binoculars again and looked at the boat.
"Ugh..tell me about it.They come through here like they own the place. Me and Nadine tried convincing dad to talk to someone about it,but he wants us not to worry about it" I said rolling my eyes as I passed the binoculars back to Jesse.

We changed the topic to orcas as the conversation got real depressing,real quick.
"Any sign of J-Pod?" Jesse asked.
"Nope..maybe they went back to the rubbing rocks?" I said.
"Wanna go down there and check it out?"Jesse asked.
"Mkay.." I smiled.
"Cool!.." Jesse responded.

All of a sudden Glen walked behind me and Jesse.
"Hey Glen" I said giving a small wave.
"Hey Nova. Jesse,can I talk to you for a second?" Glen asked.
"Sure, I'll be back Nova" Jesse responded awkwardly.
————————————————————
Jesse came back and we went back to the cove to swim.
Apparently Glen gave Jesse "the talk".

I dived in right after Jesse and as we swam deeper, we saw Willy and followed him around.
Willy's siblings were also there.
We were still swimming when all of a sudden Jesse gave me his hand. I took his hand and we were swimming together side by side,holding each others hands.

After like,an hour of swimming we came back up to shore.
"That was fun.." I said smiling.
"Yeah.." Jesse responded.
Jesse then pulled me in for a kiss..
I obviously kissed back,but it felt like I was dreaming,on cloud 9.
We both pulled away and started chuckling.
Jesse held my hand and waved with his other hand.
"See ya Willy.." He said smiling.
————————————————————
It was the next day and Jesse called my dad because there was an oil spill. Apparently Luna, Willy's sister, has been affected by it.

Dad drove me and Nadine to the water. I saw the Greenwoods going down from their campsite as well.
"Luna's sick! I think she's dying" Jesse said talking to dad.
The other orcas were near the shore too.
"Nadine go back to the truck and get my kit please" Dad said taking of his glasses.

I went into the water with Jesse and start rubbing water on Luna, try to get the oil off of her.
Everyone else went into the water as well.
"It's gonna be okay Luna" I said petting her beak.
Dad was checking to see if there was anything wrong with her.
"Unfortunately the oil got into her lungs" Dad said wiping the oil from her blowhole.
"Nova,Nadine. Go run this down to the lab and tell em it's for me and it's an emergency.
————————————————————
Me and Nadine did everything dad asked and they sent a helicopter down with doctors to look at Luna again.
This seemed to attract a lot of people. By a lot I mean the news,everyone else at the campsites and civilians that lived nearby.
There also was a ton of people holding signs that said things such as:
"Oil Spills Kill!"
"These are the last days of MANKIND"
"Save the Whales!"
"The ECOLOGY is stupid!"

I went back to Jesse and Dad as we went to go see Dr.Haley.
"Randolph! It's nice to see you. When we're these samples taken?" Dr.Haley asked.
"Three hours ago" dad answered.
They had a whole conversation on antibiotics and stuff and then I heard Jesses name being mentioned.
"Jesses the one who found em" Dad said.
"Jesse!" Dr.Haley said smiling.
"Randolph and Nova told me all about you!" She continued.
Jesse nodded in response,but then looked at me and dad.
"Willy doesn't like doctors!" Jesse said.
"She's one of the good ones Jesse" Dad said.
"Dad. Willy doesn't know that" I said worried.

Me and Jesse took our binoculars and monitored what they were doing from the hill.
The doctors started rowing their small boat close to Luna. Dr. Haley had her syringe out which probably isn't a good idea.
Willy and the rest of the pod were circling Luna,in attempts to protect her.
"That's not like him.." Jesse said.
"Willy might think their trying to hurt her" I said.
Willy kept blowing water out his blowhole,but then he pushed the doctors boat back away from Luna.

"Oh god.." I muttered. None of this will turn out well.