Hide and Seek.

Alastor x Fem!Reader
(Fluff)
My own one shot

***

Silently, you slipped behind the receptionist desk and pulled a drawer out, sifting through it until your gaze landed on what you were searching for. Bing-pot, you thought to yourself as you swiped up the master keycard and slinked away from where you had been nosing around. Sure, they had said that rooms were off-limits, but who the hell actually follows rules when playing hide and seek? Alastor and Husk were probably cheating as well, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

You scrambled up the steps while Angel's slow counting echoed through the halls, your legs carrying you to a random floor so you could choose one of the rooms to hide in. Well — you did have the keycard that held access to all the rooms in the hotels on you. So it really didn't matter. Scampering down the corridor, you were about to make a turn when a sudden meow made you freeze, your eyes going wide as you slowly wheeled around.

"Keekee!" you hissed at the small cyclops cat, her single eye seeming very unamused as she sat in the middle of the hall. "Keekee, shoo! I'm winning this!" But the cat didn't move a single inch. Groaning in defeat, you hurried to the cat and lifted her off the floor, her eye going wide. The halls twisted and turned for a long moment until you settled on some random door and slid the card through the slot, allowing it to click open so you could whisk in.

Once inside the room, you turned around and shut the door with as much grace as you could possibly muster before taking two light steps back and letting Keekee drop to the floor, an annoyed mewl leaving her as she then left your feet to enjoy the room somewhere else. With a heavy breath of relief, you turned on your heel to go make yourself comfortable in the darkness of the room, but your plans were instantly foiled when you saw a pair of gleaming, scarlet eyes staring right at you.

Oh, shit.

Were they...upside down? Almost as if answering your silent query, they moved from their spot and brushed past you, your body turning to see the figure walk down from the ceiling, along the door and then back onto the solid ground of the floor, its red gaze narrowing accusingly at you.

"Uh- erm, heya...Al..." the tone at the end of your sentence lifted lightly, making your greeting sound like a question more than anything. A low hum came from the taller demon in front of you, your breath catching in your throat when the eyes vanished from your sight. "I'm sorry, I had no idea this was your room! I'll just leave and we can both pretend this never happened," you suggested with a nervous laugh.

The sudden feeling of icy breath on your neck made you jump, long, bony claws wrapping around your shoulders. "And why would you want to leave?" his awfully hazy voice crooned, though there was a sleekness to it, causing it to sound smooth at the same time. "Ahem, well, I, erm-" "Correct me if I'm wrong," the man cut you off, leaning down close to your ear, "but if I'm not mistaken, you were cheating just now."

A large lump was swallowed in your throat. "Yeah, but- Hey, wait!" you suddenly whipped around, poking a finger into the stag's chest angrily. "You were cheating too! Meaning you can't be mad at me!" Alastor's eyes widened, most likely along with his smile. "So I have blackmail against you too, you ass-" "Shut up!" the overlord cut you off for the second time that day, clasping a hand over your mouth and making you frown.

"Someone's coming," he hissed under his breath and grabbed your arm with one of his hands, a yelp of surprise being muffled into his hand. Alastor hauled you to a dark corner of the room, crouching down with you held to his chest while he released his grip from your arm. But his hand remained over your mouth, keeping your heavy breaths from leaving. You could feel him breathing from behind you, his torso slowly pushing you out a little before drawing you back in as he exhaled, your face beginning to heat up at the proximity between the both of you.

"Where the hell are they!?" a muffled voice of annoyance called from somewhere on the other side of the door, your hands moving to clutch Alastor's arm in fear. "Eh, Al's cheatin' probably," the gravelly voice of Husk responded. Angel then answered, "Eh, probably. But what about (Y/n)? She isn't one to cheat — at least I don't think she is?" Alastor could be felt chuckling silently behind you, your cheeks flushing redder than they already were.

A sudden feeling of fur against your leg made you go still, eyes shooting down to see Keekee happily rubbing her side against you. Your brows furrowed, hands reaching from where they held Alastor to hold the small feline in your lap. "I'll check Al's room," Husk grumbled, your heart seeming to instantly drop at those words. Alastor growled lowly, picking you up into his arms as he stood from where he was crouched, your eyes going wider then saucers.

"The bathroom," he whispered to you, slipping through the darkness of the chambers and into the bathroom just before Husk managed to get the door open. The Radio demon set you down, along with Keekee, before turning and making sure the door was locked, his slim fingers then flicking the light switch on. A foggy sigh left his smiling lips as he then swiveled around to face you, his teeth glinting in the bathroom's light.

"So, care to explain why you entered my room?" he said lowly; hopefully Husk wouldn't hear. "Look, it was just bad luck, I chose a room at random," you whispered, taking a seat on the black toilet lid. "Bad luck?" Alastor's tone dropped an octave, his long legs carrying him to where you were sat. "Why would it be bad luck?" he purred as he bent down to your height, eyes narrowing at you.

Instinctively, you leaned away from him, averting your gaze from his. But his hand slowly reached for your chin, his index curling beneath it and making you look straight at him. "Hm, you truly are adorable," the stag drawled. Your mouth opened and closed, wanting to get some sort of sound out, but alas, nothing left your throat. The taller demon slowly moved his face to yours, eyelids lazily drooping as he tilted his head to the right ever so slightly. But just as you were about to make contact, a harsh knock at the door interrupted the two of you.

"Alastor, get your ass out here! We know you're cheating!" the cat growled, Keekee rolling her eye from where she was sat in the sink. The red radio sighed but kept a smile before winking playfully at you and lifting to his full height once more, slowly walking to the door and slipping out without revealing your place of hiding. Your hand subconsciously traveled to your cheek.

It was burning.

***
A/n

First oneshot, complete! Feel free to leave requests in the requests chapter! Bye for now!

(1231 words)