Loose Screws.

Doctor!Alastor x Unstable!Patient!Reader
(Warnings: Violence, Fluff)
Suggested by @Ktlab530 & @Sakia1604 (plot by Ktlab530)

***

I bore a small grin on my face as I strode down the tiled halls of the asylum, clipboard held firmly between both of my hands as I read over the patient's file a couple more times. (Y/n) (L/n). Pretty name. Though it wasn't like it mattered. Just a couple of days with her and I could pick her off like a cat would its prey. Just like I did with all of my patients. I had a knack for slaughtering other human beings without mercy. The easiest way to get them trapped in my web being through getting them to trust me. And what better way to do that than being the person who's meant to tighten the screws in their skull!

"Mild paranoia," I mumbled under my breath as I arrived in front of the door and pushed it open. This shouldn't be difficult. When I walked into the small room she was in, I spotted my patient curled up on the bed with the covers pulled over almost her entire body. She murmured words to herself consistently, her form trembling beneath the sheets. "It's not real, it's not real, it's not real, it's not real," her words came out fast, but I still understood them, my smile widening. Well, this was going to be far easier than I imagined.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I crooned, watching as she harshly jolted up from the bed. "I'm-"
"Not real," she cut me off before I could finish, my brow raising. "I beg your pardon?" The woman stared at me as if I had three heads, her knees being brought to her chest and held tightly by trembling hands. "You're not real..." I gazed at her as she shifted in an attempt to push herself as far into the corner as she could, my smirk thinning. "I can assure you, doll, I'm very real," "You'll hurt me, if you are," she glared at me, my smile falling.

"I won't bring harm to you," I tried to calm her nerves, cautiously approaching the bed. "Yes, you will! Only reality hurts. So if the others don't hurt me...that must mean they're not real." What a strange way to look at things. "Well, reality doesn't always have to hurt," I chuckled, pulling up a stool beside the bed and sitting down on it. "If you wish to believe I'm but a figment of your imagination, feel free. I'm still going to help you," I casually lied. White lies. That's all they were.

"Now, let me start over. My name is Alastor. Alastor LeBlanc," I waited a moment, allowing the frightened patient to nod in acknowledgement. "I'll be assisting you until you're able to set yourself back up again." Once more, she nodded. "I-I'm (Y/n)," her voice was just above a shaky whisper, but it was still progress. Small progress. But progress. "Very good," I purred. "You have a beautiful name, by the way," I remarked as my pen scribbled across the paper on my clipboard.

"Tell me, darling-"
"(Y/n)," she interrupted, shooting a glare filled with daggers at me. "My name is (Y/n)." Without a word of complaint, I corrected myself, "Tell me, (Y/n), what do you see that is real." All I got was a shrug, a light frown crossing my features. "Allow me to rephrase that — what hurts you?" She took a moment to think. "Th-the man," once more, she was whispering, but I understood and wrote down "Traumatic experience with lover(?)" before returning my gaze to the woman. "And who was this man?" I pressed, now curious as to who could damage such an innocent little doe.

"I...h-he was tall...I don't know his name," (Y/n) quivered. "It was so dark...I don't remember being able to see anything except the lights on the side of the road." I wrote down her words on the piece of paper and ushered her to continue. "I-I was walking back from work when it happened..." Next to my previous observation, I marked "Rape victim(?)" When she began speaking again, I gave her my immediate attention. "I remember him grabbing me and taking me to an alleyway." Her voice had stopped trembling, eyes blank as she spoke.