[ 01 ]

Her fingers brush against the soft white flower petals, stroking them with utmost delicacy. The velvet petals felt almost rubbery under the pads of her thumb and even the gentlest touch had already caused wrinkles to form on the surface of the flower. She began harvesting the small flowers, nipping them off their stems and gathering them into the woven basket next to her. It was nearly full of fresh flowers, ready to be used for her potion-making and even for tea.

The greenhouse was peaceful, the quietness wasn't unordinary since she was used to the silence. More now than before especially now that she was staying in a manor full of unwanted beings who regularly did as they pleased without much care. Strutting about as if they had owned the place; insolent humans who loved watching her with leery looks and smirks, waiting for the moment she would drop her guard so they could use it against her. Though there wasn't much conversation, not that she would want to even talk to them, their thoughts alone were enough for her to know what they were thinking.

An obscenity.

She could hear every word that every single one of them was saying in their heads, insults and mockery that they knew would get their heads chopped if they were to say them aloud were all spoken in their minds. She was wordless, but she could feel it all under the looks she got when she passes them. Stares full of interest in what she was but simultaneously, afraid of what chaos she was capable of unleashing now that they know who she was—

A child of their master. An offspring of the darkest wizard of all time... 

The one and only daughter of Lord Voldemort.

Her eyes suddenly narrow at the shadow covering the field of white flowers. She frowns at the speck of filth that landed on it when the breeze blows by. She caressed the fragile petal, trying to strip off the dirt that only continues to smear across it, besmirching the pure flowers even futher.

There he stood, wearing an ever-so-annoying grin on his face. "Your presence is wanted in the drawing room by your father dearest, darling," he said with a honeyed voice while strolling towards her. He plays with his pocket knife, throwing it into the air and catching it skillfully in his hand.

The girl remained quiet, paying his words no mind as she continues gathering the lovely flowers. The corners of her lips curled down evidently now that her peace had been interrupted by a bothersome person. All it takes is for someone she absolutely loathes to be in the same space as her for her calmness and mood to be disrupted, that was how easy it was. 

Even so, she tries to not let it affect her too much. For the past few weeks since she has fled from everyone she ever hold dearly, she has been spending more time with the Dark Lord's people: her fellow 'comrades', that's what she has been told about. Not that she has ever considered them one.

They were simply just murderers, criminals, traitors and sinners. Or perhaps what many parents and adults would tell their children: the bad guys, the villains, the monsters that would lurk in the dark.

Well, that was who she was now too. 

It was honestly unbearable during the few weeks when she had to live with Deatheaters crawling around her but soon she learnt to ignore them. She pretended they weren't there, that she wasn't moving around with eyes scanning her like a hawk. She didn't tolerate them nor did she care about how she was being perceived by them. As long as they steer away from her path and do not do anything foolish. 

However, she still held a sense of dignity and confidence. It wasn't because she felt superior or anything but because if she didn't, those people would trample over her like before. She was after all, to many of them, a pitiful and unlucky child who was robbed of everything she holds dear and god help her if she were to ever let them tear down her walls. She was also the Dark Lord's daughter, which gives her a little more control of the reins she has over them.