[ 19 ]

Once Draco was all patched up and healed, thanks to Aine's remedies, he decided to help her with getting the items she needed. There wasn't much left to find since everything was in order and exactly where she needed to find them. When she was done, she turned to Draco and smiled at him, muttering a small 'thanks' for his help. 

She braided her hair into a high ponytail before grabbing her wand and tucking it in the little pocket of her robes. It was hard to deny the excitement and nervousness of heading back home again, the last time she went back felt like ages ago. Truth be told, Aine was feeling slightly anxious since the last time she and her brother had gone to the Estoileon Cottage was to put everything that was broken right again. However, her heart was yet to be fixed, the trauma was still alive somewhere, waiting to resurface.

Although Aine promised herself to remain strong, she was sure that as soon as she took one step into her home, the memories would overwhelm her once more. But she had to do this, to find out more about herself and her family— Her mother's past, she needed to be strong and brave. Nevertheless, searching for clues regarding Aris wasn't the sole reason for going back, she wanted to pay respects to her dad too. It had been a while since she had visited him after all, and she had missed him very much.

Unbeknownst to her, Draco was already studying the faint signs of anxiousness on her face. How her eyes would soften sadly occasionally as she spaced out when she pondered, and the way the corner of her lips would curl down before she chews it, as if preventing herself from crumbling apart. "Do you mind if I come along?" Draco asks, seeking permission from her first. "I'd like to visit him as well."

There was a fleeting moment of surprise from Aine. Her parted lips trembled to a close, falling into a thin line and Draco panicked a little. "Though I completely understand if you wish to go alone—" he added with haste, wondering if he was being insensitive to her feelings.

"No," Aine quickly replied. Her pursed lips form into a small thankful smile as she approaches him. She takes Draco's hand and he laces his fingers through hers. "I don't mind it at all. In fact, I'm sure Dad will like that very much."

Mirroring the smile on her face, Draco went on. "Shall we gather some flowers for him before we visit?" he suggested.

"We shall, M'lord," Aine nodded happily in response.

Hand in hand, the couple apparated to the outskirts of Devon, to Ottery St. Catchpole where the Estoileon Cottage resided. Where once a petite humble house used to stand in the middle of an enchanting flowery meadow was now completely vanished from sight. Or at least, only from Draco's.

When they arrived, the young Malfoy was completely flabbergasted when all he saw was just an empty plot of land filled with swaying grass, dandelions and several flowers here and there. At first, he even doubted if they had come to the right place as there was literally nothing there. Not even a single soul, let alone a roofed cottage. It wasn't until Aine let him on the secret of the location did the Estoileon's house unveiled itself to him; the cloaking illusions and enchantments peeled away and a strange golden rune glowed, reflecting in Draco's wide silver eyes.

There it finally was, the Estoileon Cottage.

The little home that belonged to the Estoileons rested above the hills, boasting of the picturesque scenery of a lovely garden meadow filled with various vibrant flowers that bloomed all year round. The same ivory walls where little flowery vines embowered the side of the building, crawling up to the full-length windows where smaller rectangular pots were lined, each growing a certain herb and flower that was used in creating potions. The slanted pastel purple and blue roof where panels were neatly layered in rows, bits of repair work poking out, reminding Aine just how dated the building was. However 'aged' the house was, it still was beautiful and elegant.