[ 13 ]

Heels clicked in unison across the polished marbled tiles as Aine and Aion headed towards the entrance doors of the Malfoy manor. Deatheaters who were within the same area stopped in their tracks, eyes observing the Estoileon siblings as they all wondered where the heir of their master and her brother was going. There was no news of their involvement in any raids or missions as of late after all.

Although the two siblings felt all the attention on them, specifically on Aine, they chose to keep silent. She already trusts that they know it was foolish to question and doubt them, especially her. Many saw how she was during the night her father extracted the power out of her and how fiercely she opposed back, which ultimately resulted in her winning in the end. If their dogged beliefs of the young woman hadn't changed before, they certainly have after. Their fear for Aine Estoileon, the Lady Riddle only grew and no one dared to challenge her.

None except one person. One unwise man.

"Where do you think you're going, beautiful?"

Aine's eyes rolled over from her brother's face to the voice ahead, sensing some nuisance from the distance between them. Just sliding before the entrance door stood a shaggy-haired man with a messy low ponytail wearing a button-up leather coat that fell to his knees. His hooded eyes held a glint of arrogance and he wore a condescending smirk.

He pranced over to the Estoileon siblings, keeping his sight fixed on Aine alone. Then he gave a light dip of his head to her, not bothering to acknowledge Aion and pretending like he wasn't even there. "Good evening, Lady Riddle~" he greeted with false politeness and had a pretentious aura to him.

Aine narrowed her odd-coloured eyes at him, openly showing her disdain at a new face parading around the Malfoy Manor. Her father certainly has been busy, gathering more pawns— Insolent beings besides his army of Deatheaters, Trolls, Werewolves and now Snatchers, to add to his list of disposable minions. 

Ever since the whole fiasco between Aine and Voldemort, he has found more followers to join him and his cause, raising the numbers in his army. It was to show his child that he was still in control, that even if he could not watch her every move, he still had his eyes on her through his underlings.

Aine's gaze hardened on the man before her, all softness in her eyes earlier was gone and there was only a strong feeling of hostility for him. Was it because of his attitude which reminded her of a certain cocky insolent bastard? she wondered. She spotted the uncanny similarities in his striking features especially the smirk on his lips that mirrored someone she knew too well. 

"That is none of your concern, Scabior. I have no reason to answer your question. Now move," she said lowly.

Scabior gave a scoff, almost taken aback that the Dark Lord's daughter knew his name. He has heard lots about her and as someone who doesn't seem to leave her room very often, she sure has surprised him with her knowledge of those around her. Though he was also slightly offended as to how a mere little lady was speaking to him so rudely. "As much as I am astonished and honoured to learn that the great Lady Riddle is aware of my existence... I'm afraid you mustn't treat me like this," he states, feigning a sorrowed pout.

He glares down at the younger girl, trying to intimidate her with his height and his eyes trailed to her golden and lilac eyes before drifting down to the adornments she was wearing around her neck, ears and even the buttons on her jacket. All he could think about was how much all that jewellery was worth if he had just nipped one of them off. His itchy fingers reached forward to one of her black opal buttons, stroking the domed surface of the gem as a greedy grin etches on his face. 

Aine examines Scabior's every move, watching him fawn over her and yet trying to scare her off. It's cute how hard he tries but unfortunately, she wasn't the least afraid of him. Aine could read him like an open book, which was why she had told her brother to calm himself down in her head. Aion was close to giving the man who couldn't keep his hands to himself a big smack to put him into his place but Aine had reassured him that she had got it handled, and there was no need to sully his hands with filth, like Scabior.