Chapter 5: Festival Dilemma

Days after the whole debacle with Fuutarou and Akira passing out in the Quintuplet Condo, nothing really changed much between them. The quints still don't like Fuutarou and with studying and Fuutarou still tries to get them to study. Currently, Akira told his story to Karlos after another session of practicing.

"Seriously? You passed out due to her cooking? Damn she must be one hell of a cook."

"Hey, don't insult Miku like that."

"Sorry, sorry." Karlos then lets out a small chuckle. "The way you defend her it's like how a boyfriend would defend their girlfriend, tell me... Do you like her?"

Akira then turned beet red. "W-what? Me? Nah!"

"You're so easy to read, man. Well, I'll leave it at that for now at least..."

"Wait, for now?"

"Anyways, I want you to give me a song by next week's Sunday. It could be an original or a cover, your choice."

"W-what? Why?"

"It's your test. We've been doing this for almost a year now, Akira. It's time for you to actually test everything you have learned." Karlos replied from the other side of the screen.

"Damn... Fine..."

"Good. Anyways, I'm going to log out first. I still need to do some things here."

"Yeah, thanks again for your help, Karlos."

"Sure."

After that, Karlos disconnected the video call between them and Akira did the same, shortly after turning off his PC, he slumped down on the desk and sighed heavily.

"What the hell am I going to sing about?" He asked.

Then someone knocked on the door and Akira stood up to see who it was and it was none other than his cousin -Minami- "Hey, cous! Can you come with me?"

"Hmm? What for?" Akira asked.

"Last Friday I accidentally stepped on my goggles and the glass shattered-" Before Minami could finish, Akira yelled at her.

"Are you okay?!"

"I'm okay, sheesh. You're such a worrywart. Thankfully, I was already wearing my shoes. I was supposed to go there yesterday but I was caught up with helping mom and dad at the café."

"I see... Sure, just let me get ready."

"Thanks." Minami said before leaving the room.

A little later, both Akira and Minami left to go shopping. Minami was wearing a blue shirt with a lot of English words as its design, short shorts and a matching colored-cap with a diamond-like shape to it, as for Akira, he wore a black shirt and was covered by a white polo shirt, jean pants and also his signature glasses and his headphones without the headband and his Walkman. 

The two cousins were walking around the mall as soon as they arrived and looked around to find replacement goggles for Minami. It wasn't that long to look for those replacement goggles because Minami has been going to the store where they sell sports equipment.

"Okay, I'm going to choose between these two." Minami said.

"Why can't you just pick one? They're technically the same." Akira asked her.

"Because, dear cousin of mine. It's called having style, and also which ones I can afford right now."

"I see. Well, If you need some more cash, then I'd be happy to lend you some."

"Thanks, you're the best." Minami said with a smile, she then resumed looking around the whole goggles section of the store to look for anything stylish while also something affordable