Chapter 20: A Sickly Visit & A New Start

As Christmas vacation continues long into the waning weeks of the month and for a new year to come. Akira was currently looking at his phone, his face was red and he had an ice bag over his head. His nose dripped with mucus as he let out a sneeze. 

"Achoo!" He sneezed. "Damn it... I knew jumping into that river was an insane idea but who knew I'd get sick...?" He asked himself this dumb question, then on his left armpit, the thermometer beeped again and again before Akira took it out from his pits and sighs. "Hah... 36.8..." 

His door then suddenly opened and Minami came in. She looks at Akira who is just lying on his bed while looking at both his phone and the thermometer. "Hey, Cous. you feeling alright?" She asked, filled with concern her tone was. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Karlos bathed me with Vicks VapoRub earlier, said that's what his family does to him whenever he feels sick, it burns to be honest..." 

"Well, don't worry. It won't kill you," She said, trying her best to cheer her cousin up. Minami then took the thermometer from him. "Well, for now. Take these meds and sleep." 

"Yeah... But I honestly don't want to..." 

"No buts," She cuts him off and also took his phone from him. "No phones either. What you need is rest, and that's what you're going to do." 

"Yeah, yeah..." 

Minami sighed and walks out of his room. Akira on the other hand turns to the left, facing the window, showing the cloud-gray sky while snowflakes fall from the sky. He sighed before remembering what had happened on Christmas Eve.

*Flashback*

 After Akira gave them a hard scolding, he let out a sigh and looks at Fuutarou. "What the heck happened anyway?" 

Fuutarou shifted his mood from being ashamed into a sly smirk as he stood up. "Look at this, Akira," Fuutarou then shows Akira the soaked resume.

"Okay? That's a soaked resume of a guy... Why does he look like he wants to be young?" He asked himself this. 

"I don't know but what I do know is... These five idiots can't do anything without me, so..." He then ripped the resume into pieces and proudly declares. "I'm going to resume my tutoring business!" 

"That's great..." Akira said without any enthusiasm in his words.

"Hey! I thought you'd be proud of me!" 

"Yay?"

"That's worse!" 

The girls including Aoi laughed. "Why don't we head inside first before we all get sick-" Just as Itsuki was about to finish her sentence, Akira sneezed. 

"Brr... Cold..." he said as he warm himself up by rubbing both of his hands. 

Seeing this, Yotsuba then drags Akira and the others back into the room. "Come on, quickly now. Let's go!" 

Aoi on the other hand just sighed and let out a smile too. "Well, at least you're having fun with these girls, Akira. I'm really proud of you," Is what Akira thought she said as he saw her move her mouth as he was being dragged. 

*Flashback Ends* 

"I honestly don't want to bother remembering what happened after that... Clothes wet... No change of clothes... Alone with Fuutarou and five identical sisters... Sheesh..."

While Akira continues his rest, Karlos on the other hand left the house to explore the rest of the city while also buying some groceries. Seeing the whole snow-covered city gave some excitement to the young teen, he also had a piece of paper being held in his right hand with a bunch of stuff written on it.