Chapter 17: Finals

This is not the final chapter. This is also just a reminder to those who thought this was the book's final chapter. Trust me, sometimes this happens.  

Aeon

~~ 

"Ahh... We're back." Ichika cheerfully exclaims.

Shortly after returning from the train station and also after both Nino and Itsuki apologized to one another and also for Yotsuba's Track and field team problem. Right now, Yotsuba was on the ground, begging for forgiveness from everyone. 

"I want to express my apology for causing all of the trouble this time..." Yotsuba continues to speak as if they were still listening. In reality, though, they weren't. Unfortunately for Yotsuba. But she still continued on apologizing. "If it was not because of this humble me's carelessness everything wouldn't have become this big..." 

"You know? I'm kind of hungry." Said Ichika. 

Miku nodded, "Me too." 

"Hey, Yotsuba-" Akira tried to tell her to stop but he was cut off when Ichika asks Miku something. 

"Why didn't we think to buy something on our way home?" 

"It's okay, we have our chef with us today... Well, two chefs." Miku looks at both Akira and Nino. 

Akira wasn't listening though as he tries to tell Yotsuba to stop, but every time he does that. He always gets interrupted. This time, it was from Nino. When Miku looks at her, she looked a bit offended.

She then retorted by saying. "And what do you mean by that?"  

Both Itsuki and Nino were in front of the entrance to the apartment that leads up to the living room. 

"What are you waiting for?" Itsuki asked.

"You go first." Nino urges Itsuki to go first. 

"Then at the same time, okay?" 

"1... 2..." Nino trails off from the countdown and looked at Itsuki, annoyed, "Why didn't you move?!"

"You didn't either, Nino!" 

Everyone just stared at the scene unfolding itself. "It's been a while since our house was this noisy." 

"Yeah! Alright, then let's-"

"Study for the final exam, right?" Fuutarou stood behind both Miku and Ichika as he interrupted Ichika. The two girls let out a cough as they halted. Silence surrounded the whole area for a moment before Akira spoke up.

"Hey, Fuutarou. Mind your tone, I know you're stressed. But that's all of us." 

Fuutarou sighed. "Fine..." 

"O-of course! I was about to say that too, right?" Ichika sheepishly laughs. 

Yotsuba stood up, fed up with them not listening to her. "Geez! Everyone! I'm seriously apologizing here-"

Then Fuutarou looked at her, his face was filled with confusion. "Huh? How long do you want to stay in that pose? Hurry up and get inside." 

"Then you're going to cook our breakfast, Yotsuba," Miku said to Yotsuba with the usual tone in her voice.

"Come on! Let's go!" Ichika then ushered the others inside. 

The fourth of the quintuple sister then stood up with her green ribbon slightly faltered a bit but soon smiled. When she looked at the entranceway, she saw her friends and sisters waiting for her. She began making her way with a smile. "Yeah!" She exclaimed.