Chapter 14: Shattered Heart

It's been a few days since the camping trip with the Quintuplet sisters and Fuutarou and Akira. After the camp, Fuutarou was transferred to a hospital due to his cold. However, there were some objections from Fuutarou due to him not being able to afford the bills but thanks to the Nakano sisters, he didn't have anything to worry about.

Currently, it was a Sunday, and Akira along with Minami, the two of them had to help with Eiji and Emiko's cafe, it was just like before. Packed, tons of people left the restaurant with happy faces, and now it was time for them to rest after the whole rush.

Minami let out a sigh as she slumped on the table. "Man... That was brutal..."

"Yeah, you're right." From the other side of the counter, Akira agreed with what Minami said, then he walked behind the counter after putting away the cleaning supplies. "You know? I'm still wondering as to why we're not yet millionaires."

"Yeah, me too..." Minami sighed again. "Man, there were at least five hot boys, and every time I tried to make a move, they just ignored me."

"They're either gay or not interested in you."

"Come on!" Minami pouted and Akira laughed.

"Speaking of which... I want to thank you."

"What for?" Minami asked.

"Well... Let's just say I would be in serious pain if I didn't get your bracelet." Akira answered.

"Speaking of which, when you came back you didn't wear that bracelet. Did you lose it?" Minami asked.

"No, I... Well, I gave it to someone who needed it, that's all." 

"Oh, I see." 

While the two cousins were talking, the door opened and the bell rang signaling a customer. Both of them saw Itsuki and Nino, Nino was amazed by the simple yet cozy decoration of the cafe but all of her amazement came crashing down when she saw Akira's face.

"Ergh... Why is he here?" Nino asked while pointing at Akira.

"Nino, don't be rude!" Itsuki reprimands her. "I told you before, this is where Akira works."

"What? Him?"

"I can hear you, you know that. Don't you?"

"Of course, I know that! I'm not an idiot."

"I highly doubt that," Akira said as he led the two sisters to a table and gave them menus.

"We already want to order something," Itsuki said.

"Oh? Then what would it be?" Akira asked.

"Just some strawberry parfait and also is it alright if we order take-outs?" Itsuki asked.

"Huh? Sure. No one's stopping you."

"Okay, we're going to order... Let's see... Hmm... Oh! How about a strawberry cake?"

"Come on, Itsuki. We already have strawberry parfaits, how about a chocolate cake instead?" Nino suggested.

"Hmm? Okay, that works too." 

"Alright, one chocolate cake for take-out and two strawberry parfaits, got it." 

Akira then went to the back to whip out two strawberry parfaits and served it to the two girls, they were excited and saw the appetizing look on the parfaits and they excitedly ate it, when they took a bite out of their parfaits, their faces had melted in delight.

"Is it good?" Asked Akira.

"Yes!" Itsuki exclaimed before continuing her parfait. 

"I guess...?" Nino hesitated to admit it because it was Akira after all.