Chapter 8: Midterms Part 2

After staying overnight and teaching the three out of five of the quintuplet sisters, both Akira and Fuutarou were staying inside Miku's room, later at night. Miku left Ichika's room to go use the bathroom but when Ichika woke up, Miku was gone.

"Huh...? Miku, where are you?"

Ichika asked while she stretched both of her arms and yawned. She then rubbed her left eye while trying to stay awake while looking around for Miku. After that, she took the clothes she took off when she slept and went downstairs to see both Nino and Itsuki.

Nino was cooking breakfast for everyone, including the two boys who were still sleeping. While Itsuki was setting up the table and plates. A short while later, Nino was done with her cooking and then placed all of the food she cooked on the plates.

The three of them sat down and ate breakfast together. Itsuki then poked the egg and the yolk slid down. "You've never gotten up this early Ichika, I'm kind of shocked." Itsuki said.

"Yeah but I'm still the last one to get out of bed. Miku slept in my room but I'm not sure how early she got up." Ichika responded to her little sister.

Nino chewed her food before adding something to the conversation. "Yotsuba went into town to find her but she didn't come back yet either."

"And what about them?" Itsuki asked while filled with malice when she thought of Fuutarou.

"Who knows? Maybe he's still asleep." Ichika replied.

"I won't actually blame Akira though." Itsuki said. "I saw him studying late in the evening. I think it was around eleven?"

"Whoa! That late? It was close to midnight."

"Yeah, I asked him why when I came down to go to the bathroom and he just told me that he has too much energy after drinking some coffee."

"What? That's so unhealthy." Ichika commented.

"That's what I said too, but he just told me that he has to sacrifice some of his time to make a decent result."

"I actually forgot that he also flunked like we did last year." Ichika said.

"You're right. If I had to choose, I'd rather have Akira teach me than that guy." Itsuki said as she took a bite from her food.

"Come on now, Itsuki. Even if Akira teaches you. It won't really be effective since he too is Fuutarou's student." Ichika tries to convince the youngest sister but she just ignores that and eats.

"Speaking of those two... I just can't believe they stayed in the night." Nino commented. "Well, this will be over soon enough and that's fine by me." She said as she took a sip from her cup.

Itsuki stared at her sister for a bit and wanted to know what she meant by being over soon enough. Then Ichika talks to Nino. "You should sit in with our study sessions too, Nino. They're actually kind of a blast."

"Nope, not interested." Nino said while she sticks out her tongue. "Itsuki, don't let that creep manipulate you."

"Try being more honest with yourself." Ichika added.

"I don't know. He's just a hard guy for me to get along with. WE butted heads again the other day. I can't help it, I just get hung up with the smallest of things. Sorry Ichika, but I can't be like you or Miku or even Yotsuba."

Then Ichika had an idea. "Actually, I think you can." She said as she stood up and started messing with Itsuki's hair. "Let's part this side of your hair like so~ And voila! That's how you make a Miku!" 

 "Let's part this side of your hair like so~ And voila! That's how you make a Miku!"