Chapter 15: Break

Currently, Akira was carrying a duffle bag and is in front of Uesugi's run-down apartment. Knocking on the door, he waited for someone to answer, as he waits. He took his phone from his pocket and saw the message that Fuutarou had sent.

Fuutarou Uesugi's message:

Hey, the tests are coming up and I need your help. But you're going to be staying at my place overnight. So bring an extra change of clothes and some school supplies like bond paper and pencils.

~~

"Okay, what kind of scheme is he up to this time?" He asked himself this. 

Then the doors to their house opened and immediately, Akira saw Raiha. Fuutarou's younger sister. When she saw who it was, she smiled gleefully. "Hey! It's Akira!" 

"Hey there, Raiha. Is your brother here?"

"Yeah!" She answered. "Well? Come on in. Don't be a stranger." 

"Thanks a lot and sorry for intruding." 

Raiha lets Akira in, entering the apartment. He stops and took off his shoes before proceeding. He also hands Raiha some cake. 

"Here, I don't know which flavor you want but I brought strawberry cake." He said.

"Oh! Thank you! I'll go set the plates then."

Raiha then went to the kitchen which isn't very far from the living room and the dining room. In fact, both the living room and the dining room share the same space, a large table was there good for four people, a door to the bathroom on the opposite side of the door frame going outside, and on the sides were three wrapped-up futon beds. 

While Raiha was preparing some snacks, Fuutarou on the other hand started writing some test questionnaires on the piece of bond paper. When he noticed Raiha going into the kitchen with a familiar container. He stopped and greets his friend.

"Hey, Akira." 

"Hey, Fuutarou. Already studying the exams even though you just got out of the hospital." 

"Well, I can't help it. Besides, we have the finals to worry about."

"True that." Akira agreed. "But why did I have to bring an extra change of clothes?" 

"It's because you and I will be working on making these test questionnaires for those five idiots. Plus six adding you."

"Hey!" Akira sighed, "Fine..." 

"Good, thanks a lot." 

As the two boys were talking, Raiha already set up the plates for the three of them to eat the strawberry cake that Akira brought. While the two were making the test papers for the Quint sisters, they also eat some strawberry cakes. 

Their endeavors literally lasted a long time. The afternoon sun came and went and the evening's moon replaced the afternoon sun. The two of them continue with making the test sheets by hand. They took a short break due to it being supper then continued once they were finished. Took them at least fifteen hours to finish all five of the test papers on each subject, 

The subjects were; Math, Science, English, Japanese, and Social Studies. The others like Physical education don't really need any written tests. But still, it was time for them to rest, the two collapsed on the floor, exhausted from all that writing.