Chapter 16: Mending Things

I'm going to cram several chapters in the manga/episodes in the anime into one chapter. So, yeah. This is going to focus on Akira's efforts on convincing Nino to return, as for Fuutarou. He'll be busy with both Itsuki and Yotsuba.

Okay, that was all.

Aeon

~~

After the first attempt to persuade Nino failed. Fuutarou went back to his home and was greeted by Raiha. When Miku and Akira told him about Itsuki not having her wallet with her when she left. He was worried. Then all of his worries melted away when he saw Itsuki asking for seconds with the curry that Raiha and presumably her made.

Regardless, Fuutarou had a familiar look to him when he saw Itsuki. A very Fuherously familiar look. It was as though he was told that he failed in his art class, then became a soldier during some first war or something then became a dictator of a certain country and killed millions of people. 

As for Akira, again he stayed behind within the condominium along with the rest of the Quintuplet sisters. Currently, he was cooking them dinner. Stirring up the saddle inside a pot, Akira was cooking curry for dinner. Miku helps out by cutting some vegetables, Akira knows that Miku is a horrible cook, everyone except her knows that but just letting her help out might help her know the basics of cooking. 

As Miku was cutting down potatoes and Akira tasted testing the curry to see if it was right. Ichika and Yotsuba were setting up the table, as they do that. Yotsuba's phone started ringing. 

"Oh, excuse me." She said as she left to answer her phone.  "Hello?" 

Yotsuba walked off towards the balcony of their apartment while the other three watches her for a second before going back to whatever they were doing. 

"Yotsuba's getting a lot of calls recently," Akira said. "Does she have a boyfriend or something?"

"What, Boyfriend?" Ichika asked, Then she started waving her hand in front of her face. "Nah, it's actually the Captain of the Track and Field Club." 

"The Track and Field Club? They're still having club meetings even though there's only one week left before the exams? I don't know whether or not that's stupid or bravely stupid." 

"I'm leaning into the stupid part." Said Ichika. "Speaking of which, thanks a lot for staying over again, Akira."

"No problem. Truth be told, I didn't want to at first due to some... Events that had happened in the past... But I thought to myself, who would cook for you guys? Isn't Nino the only cook around here?"

"Oh, that's true," Ichika said as she sat down. "Maybe we should also learn how to cook?" She suggested. 

"If you do that, then prepare for a grand reception of failed batches. Don't worry though, it's just part of cooking." 

After that, the four of them ate dinner together, while they doing that, Akira looked at his phone and saw that he had a message from Aoi. He excused himself and went to the balcony and calls her. 

"Hey, Miku." 

"What is it, Ichika?"

"Don't you think you should make a move on him? I mean he'll be here for a few days, so why not?" 

"Ichika... Thank you for the suggestion. But Akira has a lot to think about right now. I don't want to impose."

Ichika was surprised by what Miku said. She then smiled at how mature she was. "Alright."