Chapter 4 - A visit out of the village

The following Morning was crisp and bleak. Rays of blinding sunlight stealthily snuck through the gaps in the flowing branches above. One certain ray flew through the branches, landing on my face, awakening me from my deep slumber. I opened my eyes slowly, taking in the atmosphere. The smell of Soft, wet pine entered my nostril passages, making me smile as I got up and crawled out of my shelter. Kneeling on the soft leaves below, I stretched my back and headed down to the village once more.

I slid down into the the village, I headed over to a stall called "Callum's essentials". I've known Callum for a few years now,  he we share a kind of friendship even though we are both as poor as each other. "A lot of good things should be coming your way Cal!" I smirked "Oh like what" Cal replied a little confused "Good things come to those who wait Cal, like my mother used to quote" I smiled as Callum ruffled around in a bag behind the counter of his stall "Here!" He handed me an apple "I picked this for you" He smiled "thanks!" I bit into it "finally nutrition" I shivered at the sweet but sour taste sliding down my throat. The apple as finished in an instant as I threw the core into a empty gas can which is used as a bin.

I took a walk around the outskirts of the village, I came along another forest like area. The snow was colder and more slippery. I then began to crawl and cling to the surrounding rocks so I don't fall too hard, my foot lost its grip on a rock and I slid far and quick landing below with a thud  "ah son of bitch"  I cursed under my breath and stood rubbing my torso. I limped over to a long, unwind bridge that was hanging over a vast of white fog below "okay if I fall it's the end of the line for me so I'll tread with caution" I whispered and took the first step Crack, Creak, Swoosh the wooden step below my foot moaned out "This is a stupid idea but my curiosity is killing me and probably will eventually kill-"  My speech was then cut off by a loud snarl from behind me "GRRRRRRRRRRRAGGHHCCCK" The lycan snapped hungrily and slash a single razor claw SSSSHHLLAAAAASSHHH I squealed and dashed across the bridge faster than the speed of light Swing, Woosh, Creak, the bridge groaned once more Thump Thump Thump Thump The Lycan pounded its fist on the fragile wood below.

I panted heavily, my heart pounded almost ripping through my skin out of my chest. I grunted and slipped across the bridge to the the other side. I suddenly the grabbed the bridge rope and quickly shook and swung it "Be gone foul beast" I shook and wriggled it causing the lycan to slip and slide, flying over the edge and falling to its inevitable death. "I wiped the sweat from my forehead. A figure in all black stood behind me wearing a veil, clutching a doll "Hello young lady" The woman whispered "Ah! Oh h-hello m'am I didn't mean to trespass on your property I was just-" I explained "I know you were running from a Lycan" "Nice way of ridding of it!!" The doll spoke up quickly "Ah! Thank you" I smiled and turned back to go to the bridge "I never caught your name dear" the woman added "J-Janet, Janet Lee Oliver" I replied "and you two?" "Donna, Donna Beneviento and Angie" they smiled once more.

Back at the village, Dusk was slowly creeping over the sleepy town which only meant one thing the plan was soon going to unfold.