Chapter 7- A deal with Dimitrescu

"Are you in or are you out?" Alcina repeated, her tone becoming impatient. "I-I- I'm in m'am" I answered quickly "Don't say this mindlessly little maiden, the tasks are no walk in the park, more of a jog in a rushing river of rapids, meanwhile an upcoming swarm of piranhas are gnashing their razor teeth at your legs" Alcina then explained, slightly over exaggerating to make the new maiden possibly change her mindless answer.

"I'm in, I've got nothing left to lose, I may as well die being useful towards the Countess of the Village" I shot back "Well then, glad we came to an agreement, Now the rules of my castle are as follows, You will work from seven thirty am until ten pm. If I need you anywhere after ten pm I will add to your wages for overtime"

she explained while puffing on her cigarette "You are not to interact with my daughters, unless instructed otherwise. Your tasks will include cleaning, cooking, entertaining and serving me and my daughters oh and one tiny condition, you will need to sacrifice your blood when I'm in need of it" she went on "You shall also partake in shopping and gardening" she sighed

"Under absolutely no circumstances are you to touch my jewellery  or my personal belongings without permission! I can't trust after you tried to take them you thieving little rodent" She growled "Yes mistress" I yawned softly, by would've been asleep by now "Tired are we? Little maiden" she asked teasingly noticing my eyes were heavy.

"You May go and rest, but first!" Alcina opened a drawer, pulling out a black leather collar and  metal handcuffs all connected to one long heavy chain Click, rrrrrrr, Clack The coarse leather bit, rubbed and rigged against my skin as Alcina tugged on the chain. I coughed and choked at the sudden breathe being squeezed from my throat "Come on vermin, down to your chambers" she growled softly pulling me down to the maiden chambers.

Alcina then threw me into the cold, damp, dark servant quarters, leaving me in the pitch darkness of the room. The rats began to squeak, the dripping pipe echoed as I tried to get comfy. I then leaped out of bed in pain "AHGG!" I checked my legs as I saw tiny red bites begin  to form up my eyes "No homely comforts for you, street-rat! only painful, aching hours of long overdue work" Alcina presented confidently.

My movements were almost stiffened by the the new restraints, my body was cramping and my feet were numb as I tried to get some sleep. The mattress poked and pointed my spine as i aimed to get used to the rough itchy, mattress. My body and mind was restless as I sighed falling asleep, preparing for a rough week ahead.The sound of metal clinking filled my ears, she began to string the chain to the wall chaining it smirking "Goodnight, rat" she barked with a terrifying smile spread across her lips., slamming the door and storming off to her chambers. This was gonna be a long, night.

Why do I have a feeling, this week is going to be hell" I asked nobody softly sighing

Drip, Drip, Drip. Squeak, rustle, Squeak. Crackle, Click, Crackle.
It was a never ending cycle of tiny noises and nuisances just on and on. I sat up and looked over at the grandfather clock ticking in the corner, "4:30? Only 3 more hours until I have to begin working for that madhouse above me"
I groaned softly "Maybe I should've just let her kill me, or make me into wine or whatever I don't care. No no I haven't met the rest of them, maybe they're sweeter than their mother? Somehow" I rolled my tired eyes, going back to sleep as the rat continuously nibbled my feet.

"It's my first day, how bad can it really be?......"