2. Bar Brawl

There's smoke and flame everywhere. As you cough and try to find an exit the floor falls out from under you. As you're falling you see someone, but can't make their features out.

They reach out to you and as you go to take their hand they vanish. "FUCK!" You shout into the void. As you fall something starts to come into focus.

You can't tell what it is. You strain your eyes but it doesn't help. You start to hear the faint sound of fighting. "Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!"

You jolt awake, covered in sweat. You look around and see Millie, Moxxie, and Loona all staring at you. "Are you alright Y/N?" Moxxie asks.

You take a moment to collect yourself. "Never better Mox." You get up and walk out of the room. You enter the kitchen and run some cold water from the sink to splash on your face.

Your breathing is ragged. You haven't had a dream like that in a long time. What could have caused it to resurface? You feel a hand lightly touch your shoulder.

You turn to see Millie, she looks very concerned. "Hey, do you want to talk? I'm worried about you." You look slightly confused. "But why? We just met recently. Nobody in hell actually cares about anyone else. There's always an angle."

She sighs. "I just, I feel like I've known you for a long time. I can't explain it." You sigh. "I don't know that there's much to talk about. I don't remember anything from before I died or when I first arrived in hell."

You look her in the eyes. "I imagine that nightmare had something to do with that, but I can't make anything out. It's just nonsense." You shrug.

"It won't do me any good to think about it." You dry your face and go to walk away. "I uh, I have that same feeling. Like I've met you before. But I don't remember."

She looks shocked. "I mean, it can't be a coincidence right?" You shrug again. "Maybe not. But neither of us actually remembers, right?" She nods. "So maybe instead of focusing on whether we did know each other, we focus on getting to know each other now. Maybe over some dinner?"

She looks at you and turns red. "Y-yeah, sure! Why not. You're right anyway, the chances of us having met are pretty slim. Lots of hellborn and sinners after all."

You nod. "Excatly. Here's my number, just let me know when you're free." She takes her phone out and adds your number. "I'm free now, by the way." The way she says it, is she flirting with you?

You chuckle. "Won't Blitzo get mad if we bail?"

"HEY BLITZO! YOU CARE IF Y/N AND I HEAD OUT?" She shouts. "WHATEVER I DON'T CARE MAKE SURE YOU USE PROTECTION." He shouts back.

"There, let's go." She says triumphantly. "Nice. You wanna go grab drinks?" She nods. "Sounds good to me."

"So how long have you been at I.M.P.?" She stretches a little while walking. "Mmmm about 4 months. My parents didn't like the idea much."

"Oh yeah? Seems like an OK job to me." She sighs. "That's what I said. But they wanted me to stay on the farm." You raise an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? A farm you say? Didn't like farm work? Or is it an issue with your parents?" "Neither. I just wanted a change of pace. I love them, and the farm."

You smile. Good to know she isn't taking her family for granted. You open the door for her and motion for her to walk in. She rolls her eyes and giggles in response.

"How bout you? Previous job? Family?" You frown. "That's a nope to both. Prior to this I stole for a living and I have no family. I'll take a shot of tequila." You sit at the bar.

She seems sad. "I'll just have a beer. But really? Nobody? Parents? Friends?" You shake your head. "Nothing. It sucked at first, but I'm used to it now. I guess if I were enjoying myself it wouldn't be hell."

You shrug and slam your shot. "Well you have me. And the rest of us at work." You close your eyes and laugh. "Yeah, that's true I guess. Thanks Mills."

Out of nowhere a big demon moves in between you two. "Hey baby, how you doin?" You hear Millie scoff. "I'm kinda here with someone." She says flatly.

The demon glances over his shoulder at you. "HA. That little shit? Do yourself a favor and ditch him. I'm sure I can show you a better time."

He starts to reach a hand towards her. "If you touch her, you won't leave this fucking bar alive." You motion for another shot.

The demon turns to you and gets close to your face. "You talk a big game for someone so small. But if you wanna go I'm more than down to fuck you up AND still your bitch."

You sigh and take your shot. You set the glass down and stand up. The demon hits you, sending you across the room. "HA! All bark no bite! Fuckin pussy."

"Y/N!" You hear Millie shout. You laugh to yourself, getting louder as you stand up. "Please tell me that wasn't all you have. I was really enjoying my time with my friend there. The least you can do is entertain me since interrupting us was so important."

His eye twitches. "You're fuckin DEAD." He rushes you, but you step out of the way. As he goes to turn around you punch him in the jaw, knocking a few teeth out.

"MOTHERFUCK-" You cut him off with a jab to his throat. He starts choking a gasping for air. You sigh and look dissatisfied. "All that talk, and ya go down in 2 hits. Fucking pathetic."

You pick him up off the ground. "So, for referring to my date over there as a 'bitch', I'm gonna make you suffer a bit."

You throw all your force into a gut punch. You can feel his ribs crack from your hit. You kick his knee, making it snap.

After beating the demon within an inch of its life, you drag him outside and throw him on the ground. You get a sinister smile on your face.

"Uh oh, looks like you made it outside. Pretty sure I said you wouldn't make it out of there alive. And I'm certainly not a liar." You pull out a knife and squat down next to the demon.

"If there's a life after this one, I suggest you think twice about fucking with random people while being such a weak bitch."

Your eyes glow a bright yellow as you slice the demons throat. You get sprayed with some blood, then stand up once he stops moving. You look down on his body with disgust.

"Pathetic." You spit on him before heading back inside. The whole bar looks at you for a moment before going back to their own business.

You walk up and sit next to Millie. "Sorry about that. Had to take out some trash real quick." She looks at you, her mouth slightly agape.

"Fuck, that was hot." She says dreamily. You laugh. "I'm not gonna let some prick ruin our fun." She sighs. "I'm glad we hung out. We should do this again."

You nod. "Absolutely. Maybe with less people interrupting us." You joke. "HA, wouldn't that be nice. Also." She leans over and kisses your cheek.

"That's for sticking up for me. Even though I could've taken care of him myself." Your cheek feels like it's on fire. You can feel your whole face warm up.

Is this what it feels like to be embarrassed? You look over to Millie and time feels like it's moving in slow motion. Her eyes are so beautiful.

Her slender shoulders, soft lips, and long eyelashes. Everything about her is mesmerizing. How did you not notice this right away?

You've never felt like this before. "I believe it. Maybe we can spar sometime?" She looks at you and raises an eyebrow.

"Oh? Sounds like it could be a good time." Why does talking to her feel so natural? Even flirting feels right. You just met her, but you already want to stay be her side.

"I think I'm gonna turn in. It's been fun Y/N." Millie says getting up. You stretch out and nod. "Yeah, sounds good. See ya at work tomorrow?"

She nods and smiles. "Yeah, see ya then."