13. Solo job

Millie: Hun? Hey, Y/N, wake up.

Y/N: Mmmmm. What is it dear?

Millie: I got called into work. Blitzo says it's a pretty easy job so he only needs one person. Just wanted to let ya know. 

Y/N: Okay, I should probably get up anyway. Just in case Blitzo calls me in today.

Millie: Good idea! Love ya ~.

Y/N: I love you too Millie.

You kiss and Millie walks out of the room. You hear the front door open and close. After getting dressed you go to the kitchen and make a bowl of cereal. As you sit and start to eat your phone begins ringing.

Y/N: What fucking timing. This is Y/N, what's up?

Blitzo: Hey, it's your favorite boss! I got a nice easy job for you today. Can you be here in 20 minutes? 

Y/N: Yeah, sounds good. Be there soon.

Hanging up the phone you return to your cereal. Hopefully this job will go quickly so you can get back around when Millie does. You wash your dishes and head out to work. As you walk into the office Loona greets you with a subtle nod, which you return. You can hear Blitzo talking with someone. A client based on his excited tone.

You take a seat while you wait for him to finish. You haven't received any messages from Millie yet. Her job must be keeping her busy. The door to Blitzo's office flies open suddenly and he walks out with another imp you've never seen before. 

Blitzo: Just give us a call if you ever need any work done! (looks over to you) Ah! Y/N! Perfect timing. I need you to go to the human world and kill this little shit.

He shows you a picture of an old person in a mansion. Probably some rich asshole that made a business of fucking people over. Not a shock that someone wants him dead.

Y/N: Ok, seems easy enough. Just one old dude.

Blitzo: I agree! The customer asked you to really mess this guy up, so have some fun with it!

Y/N: Can do Blitzo! Loona, if you'd be so kind? 

Loona: Uh huh. Just call me when you want to come back.

The portal opens up and you step through into the human world. Stepping out you notice you're in a tree line about half a mile from the mansion. You immediately notice an odd lack of guards. Surely an old rich person would have some form of security presence. Something about this feels off. 

You keep pressing on and reach the mansion. Looking in through a window you realize the halls are completely empty. The windows are also unlocked. You slowly open one and slip in. The building is completely silent. 

Y/N: What the fuck is going on here?

A noise suddenly echoes throughout the hallway. Some kind of old record playing shitty old music. You make your way to the source, slowly peeking around the doorframe. The room is empty. Nobody around that could have started the music. You walk in and turn it off. You notice that there's a tv with an old VHS tape.

It has "Watch me" written on it in sharpie. For some reason your heart starts pounding. You grab it and put it into the VCR. The tape crackles to life as the video begins. You see a dark room. There's a muffled sound coming from somewhere. To your surprise Nix comes into frame. 

Nix: Hey kid. Probably a little confused, huh? I'll spare you the details, but I made a deal with someone to ruin your life. You did fucking destroy my warehouse after all. Hey, turn the lights on. 

The lights on the tape click on, the sight shocks you. It's Millie. Bruised and tied to a chair. Anger and worry well up inside you. 

Nix: Nice pick of female. She's one hell of a lay. There's an address next to the tv. You have one week to come here. Any longer than that and I'll kill her. Cut the tape.

Before the tape cuts out Millie looks at the camera. There's tears running down her face. The tape goes silent. you grab the paper with the address, trying to keep your composure.

Y/N: Loona, bring me back.

Loona: Uh, ok.

The portal opens and you step through.

Y/N: Guys, we have a situation. 

A/N: Sorry about the SUPER long time since the last update. I'm getting back to a better place so I'm hoping to start getting chapters out faster. Love yall <3