6. A favor

"Biltzo, catch!" You throw a grenade to him. He pulls the pin and throws it. The following explosion is accompanied by screams and then silence.

You peek around the corner and don't see any movement. You slowly push into the room, checking bodies to make sure they're dead.

As you approach one you notice that it's still breathing. There's shrapnel covering his torso. He doesn't have much longer to live.

He stares at you with hate in his eyes. You light up a cigarette. "Shit, would've been easier for me if you'd just died from that explosion. Oh well."

You raise your pistol to their head. They attempt to say something, but can't get the words out. You pull the trigger and their head snaps back violently.

You let out a sigh. "Well that was fucked Blitzo. Easy in and out huh?" Blitzo kicks the dead body. "Yeah well shit happens sometimes. We got out of it fine, didn't we?"

You hate that he's right. Small cuts aside you're ok. "Ok Loonie! We're ready to come home!" The portal opens up and you step through.

"Hey hun! How'd it go?" Millie asks as she hugs you. You smile and hug her back. "Hey Mills. It went...OK. Nothing we couldn't handle."

"Wow, you two got close quick." Loona says, taking a rare break from her phone. You and Millie look at each other and blush.

"We uh, we've actually known each other a long time. I just have some memory issues." You aren't even sure Loona heard you as she's already back on her phone.

"Wow, that's a wonderful coincidence. I'm happy for you two." Moxxie says. You give him a nod and a smile. "So Y/N, I was thinking we could go out tonight." Millie says.

"Yeah! That sounds great! Have anything in mind?" Right as you finish replying your phone rings. It's Nix. What could he want? It's been weeks since you heard from him.

"Heyyyyyy man, what's up?" You hear gunfire in the background. "I'm calling in a favor for helping you. Get your ass to my warehouse." He hangs up.

You sigh heavily. "Sorry Millie, it'll have to wait. I have to go help Nix since I owe him for helping me that one time." She looks upset and nods.

"Ok, just try and make it quick?" She asks. You place a hand on her cheek and pull her into a kiss. "As quick as I can." You give her a wink.

"Go kick some ass!" You nod and head for the door. Nix sends you the address of his warehouse and you start to make your way there.

He couldn't have even given me any notice? Just a call out of the blue? The timing couldn't have been worse too. At least it's only one time then you don't owe him shit.

Blocks away you can already hear the gunfire. "I wonder if I can do that weird tentacle shit again." You try and focus to make one appear, but nothing happens.

You come up to the edge of a building and peer around the corner. There's a large group of imps biding behind some cars, firing blindly at the warehouse.

You pull a knife out and sneak up on the closest one. You cover its mouth and drive the knife into its chest repeatedly. You grab the gun it dropped and make sure it's loaded.

You get to a good sight line and get ready to shoot the imps. You open fire hitting 2 in the head and another in the arm. You hear them shout something and some of them start firing at you.

You put the gun around the corner and fire blindly at them. When the gunfire stops for a moment and you sprint around the box and towards where the imps were.

You throw the now empty gun at one then kick its head into the car. There's a sickening crunch as it's head splits open. An Imp rushes you from your right with a knife.

You step out of the way and stick your foot out, causing the imp to fall on its own knife. You stomp on the back of it's head to finish it off.

Some of Nixs guards push out from the building and start firing at the attacking imps. You hear one give an order to retreat. You hear them start to back off and you grab another gun from the ground and fire some rounds at them.

"That you Y/N?" Nix shouts. Hearing him speak pissed you off. You answer to avoid getting shot. "Yeah, I think we're good." You stand up and walk to where they are.

As you're approaching them a gunshot rings out, followed by a sharp pain in your leg. "FUCK." You turn to see an imp holding a gun.

Your eyes turn yellow and you feel enraged. The imp is surrounded by black energy. It suddenly shrinks, crushing the imp caught inside.

"Serves you right, bitch." You're breathing heavy and feel lightheaded from the pain. Nix walks up to you.

"Don't worry kid. It wasn't an angelic weapon so you'll be fine." You look confused. "Sweet fuckin Satan kid. Sinners can only be killed by angelic weaponry. Other shit will hurt. But it won't kill."

He walks up and examines the wound. "It's a clean shot at least. Should heal quick. Sinners are immortal. Part of our punishment originally. Torture for all eternity, unable to die but able to feel everything."

"But now hell is overpopulated and society down here has changed." Nix nods in response. Well that's good to know. "Well kid, we're done here. Consider your debt paid. Now get out of here."

He walks back to his warehouse. "Fuckin dick didn't even offer me a ride home after I got shot helping him. Spectacular." You begin limping back to the office.

It takes you 45 minutes to get back because of how slow you have to move. You make your way into the office, and nothings changed.

"Glad to see you all had an easy day." You make your way to the conference room to sit down. "Hey sweetie! How'd it go?" Millie asks excitedly.

You point to the gunshot wound. "Shit! Are you OK?" She sounds worried. You nod. "Yeah, apparently it wasn't angelic or whatever so it'll just hurt, which it fucking does."

You take a seat and try to relax. Something about Nix bothers you. Maybe it's just that he's a dick? It's hard to tell. Miilie sits next to you.

"You want a ride home tonight? I'm sure Biltzo won't mind." You smile and hold her hand. "That would be awesome. Thanks for giving a shit." She giggles and kisses your cheek.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.