15. Don't hurt her

Nix: First though, you're going to give up any weapons you have. Search him.

A tall masked imp walks over to you and pats you down. He pulls the handgun out of your jacket.

imp: He's clear.

Nix: Wonderful. Now then, about my warehouse you destroyed.

Y/N: No, tell me where Millie is. What did you do to her? I swear, if you touched her-

Nix: You'll what? Kill me? Not a wise choice kid. 

A light turns on, revealing Millie still tied to a chair. She see's you and starts struggling against her bindings.

Nix: See, I have the advantage here. You do anything hostile, she dies.

Y/N: So what the fuck do you want? Money? A new warehouse? What could I possibly have that you want?

Nix: No. I want you to suffer. I've always hated you. You aren't even mine, you little shit.

Y/N: W-what do you mean? 

Nix: The fuck do you think? Your mother had an affair, which led to you. I always resented you. A living reminder of my wife's bullshit. The fire was meant to just kill you two. Guess she got the last laugh though. She injured me and stopped me from escaping.

Y/N: So all of this, everything I've been through, is because you hated your own life and dragged me down with you? What even happened to Mom?

Nix: Oh she's long gone. I found her down here and got rid of her. I thought I was finally free from both of you. 

I bite my lip. I really have to try hard to keep my cool here. If it weren't for Millie Nix and his goons would be dead already. I can use my power to put up a shield around Millie, and then kill them all. Blitzo and the others would come in and help once the shots started ringing out. 

Y/N: So now what? You kill me, then what happens to Millie? I doubt you'll just let her go.

Nix: Maybe I will. Maybe I'll keep her and have some fun. You've got a great choice in women.

Y/N: Shut. Up. Don't you dare talk about her like she's some kind of object. 

Nix: Oh yeah? The fuck are you gonna do?

You use your power to put a shield around Millie and rush Nix. The henchman start firing at the barrier, causing your friends to spring into action. You give Nix a smirk.

Y/N: Looks like that advantage is gone all of a sudden.

Nix: Don't get cocky, kid. I know damn well you can't control that shit very well.

The two of you begin trading blows while gunshots ring out around you. You grab Nix and throw him into a crate. You throw a punch where his head is, but he dodges. Your fist sinks into the crate. Nix hits you hard in the face. He rains down blow after blow. You finally free yourself and punch him in the side.

You grab him and knock him to the ground. You beat him until your knuckles start to bleed. You're positive that he's lost consciousness. You run over to where Millie is and walk through your barricade. You tear off her restraints and look at her.

Y/N: Millie, I'm so sorry you got dragged into this. If we weren't together he never would have-

Millie pulls you in for a kiss. There's tears running down her face. You hold her tightly and enjoy the moment.

Millie: It's my fault. I can't believe I let him get the jump on me. And don't ever let me hear you second guess us being together. No matter what happens, I'm here cause I wanna be.

Y/N: Fair. Let's get you out of here.

You step back out of your barrier and get hit in the jaw. It's hard enough that it makes your ears ring. You fall to your knees. The momentary lapse in concentration causes your barrier to lower. 

BANG

A single shot rings out, louder than the others. You feel something wet on your face. Blood? You check yourself for a wound and find nothing. You look up to see Millie fall over. Standing behind her is Nix, the barrel of his gun still smoking. Your eyes quickly shift between Millie and Nix. You start to feel your anger swell up again. 

You can't lose control again. If you do, you'll hurt, maybe even kill, all your friends. Focus your rage. There's one singular person responsible for this. And he's right in front of you. The darkness shrouds your entire body, your eyes glowing a deep crimson. 

Nix: Careful kid, wouldn't want to-

You hit him hard in the throat. He backs up, sputtering and gasping for breath. You slowly stand up, moving towards him. You punch his gut, sending him into a wall. He tries to steady himself and you pin his arm to the wall with energy. He screams out as it pierces his flesh. He looks at you, terrified.

Nix: What...the fuck...are you? 

Y/N: Anger. Pure and simple. 

You launch another projectile at his other arm, eliciting another scream. You begin raining blows onto him. Chest, face, stomach, anywhere you can land a solid hit. You beat on him until he goes limp and silent. His breathing is raspy and labored. 

Y/N: You should've killed me, Nix. Going after Millie was your biggest, and final, mistake.

You bring the energy to a point on your hand and swipe against his stomach. His entrails spill out, but he doesn't even have the energy to scream anymore. You relish in watching the light finally drain from his eyes.

Blitzo: Fuck me, you really did a number on him.

Moxxie: Y/N! Millie needs you!