11. The full picture

Nix looks at you confused, moving away from you. "Nah. No fucking way. My kid never did shit. No way he's down here."

You step towards him, leaving a charred footprint behind. "Oh I'm confused about it too. But tearing you apart will make me feel so much better."

You lunge at him and he barely dodges it. "I remember the basement." He runs behind some crates. "The arguing. The abuse." The black energy shoots out, knocking crates out of the way.

"The fear and pain of dying slowly." You hear a noise and shoot a small blast of energy in its direction. The crates it hit disintegrate.

"And now, I'm gonna make you feel the same." You dart your eyes around looking for any sign of him. The speakers in the warehouse crackle to life.

"Sorry kid. I ain't dying today. Don't let me see you again." You start trembling with rage. You let out a scream and the energy around you violently explodes out destroying the entire building.

You look around and not a trace of the building remains. You slowly walk back to the I.M.P. office. You walk in and see everyone, they look worried.

"Holy shit, you're ok! Did you see that big ass explosion just now?" Blitzo shouts. You just shuffle past him. You don't have the energy to respond.

You walk up to Millie and hug her tightly. Tears start running down your face. She holds you close and runs her hand through your hair.

"It's ok sweetie. What the hell happened over there?" You take a moment to center yourself. "I remember. How I died. Everything. Nix was my dad."

Nobody says anything. The stunned silence hangs about the room for a few minutes. "Let's get you to the break room, sit ya down." Millie says softly.

Everyone moves with you two, eager for answers no doubt. You take a few minutes to let your emotions even out. You then deeply inhale and exhale.

"My parents were both abusive pieces of shit. The day I died they locked me in the basement. Then the house started on fire and I died."

Millie puts her hand on yours. "I'm so sorry hun. If I see that fucker again I'll-" you shake your head. "No. I'm going to be the one to end him. And I'm gonna make him suffer." Millie smiles and nods.

"Okay, but the fuckin explosion?" Blitzo asks. You shrug. "It was me. I got angry, and this black energy just kind of surrounded me. When I realized he escaped my anger boiled over and then boom. Literally."

Everyone looks at you, shocked. "You sinners sure get some weird magic sometimes." Moxxie says. Magic huh? You need to figure out how to control it, whatever it is.

It will make getting revenge so much easier. Millie leans in and kisses your cheek. "You better believe I'm gonna help you. Nobody fucks over my sweet Y/N and gets away with it."

You smile and nod. "I think I speak for the rest of us when I say we'll be there too." You look back at Blitzo, surprised he even cares.

Both Moxxie and Loona give a nod as well. "You guys....thank you." You say with a big smile. "Yeah yeah, let's not get too mushy. Why don't you and M take off for the day."

You look at Millie. "Sounds good to me, what about you?" You ask. "Absolutely hun. Let's get out of here." You get up and head back to your apartment.

---meanwhile at a random hotel---
"That little fucking shit is gonna come after me for sure. I'm offering you a large sum to help me out." Nix says.

The unknown demon smiles a large toothy grin. "The deal is fair. You'll have our finest mercenaries at your side."

Nix laughs. "Fuckin great. Just you wait you little bitch. I'll be ready for ya."