Chapter 24

The moment I stopped breathing for fear that my breath might even touch him.

squeak.

A roar echoed in my stomach.

For a moment, silence fell in the room.

Then came Edwin's laugh.

"Hahaha. Because my bride is really fun."

Edwin shrugged his shoulders and laughed out loud, making my face blush.

Since he was in his arms, he had nowhere to hide, so he buried his face in his hands.

"I was wrong. I didn't even know she was hungry."

I was even more embarrassed by the hand that patted my back.

"I need to go to a restaurant before the cute Lina's belly starts to protest more."

Edwin, who held me in a hug, strode out of the room.

Even when I arrived at the restaurant, I couldn't raise my head in shame for a while.

*

Among the dimly lit street lamps, the tall Inyeong moved quickly.

'You're pretty persistent. It's also a wolf.'

I thought I was bullied, but at some point, I caught up.

The man who confirmed the presence of the following moved faster.

I didn't know you'd follow me. Well, he reacted so strangely, so it's only natural that he was suspicious.

The man gave a self-helpful smile and pressed the hood even deeper.

Now you can get out of the West just a little bit further. Then you will be able to outrun the chase.

He hid himself in the shadows hanging between the buildings and diligently moved his feet.

Still, his breathing was not disturbed.

The moment they finally crossed the border between the western and central regions, familiar signs followed.

A masked man suddenly appeared and bowed his head toward the man.

The two of them exchanged glances at each other while teasing their feet non-stop.

After a while, the masked man disappeared, and the spirits that had appeared with him soon dispersed.

Then, the wolves who were pursuing them also dispersed accordingly.

With the situation getting easier, the man deliberately turned around and reached the place where the horse was prepared.

Then they drove their horses to Mount Hillea, which is located on the outskirts of the ecliptic.

As we went deep into the mountains, a log house that looked like the house of a mountain keeper appeared.

The man who had been familiar with unlocking the lock and going inside took a long breath and took off the hood.

The grayish blonde hair was revealed in the moonlight shining through the window.

The man, who took off his robe and hung it on a chair, walked to the fireplace, put firewood, and lit it.

After a while, I could feel the heat with the sound of burning firewood.

The man, who had been watching the quietly flickering flames, moved slowly and sat down on a single armchair.

'That man must have been Duke Crawford.'