Chapter 106

Edwin gently stroked my cold hand.

Thanks to that, I managed to catch the spirit that was about to fly away.

"It's fun."

Edwin smiled pleasantly, wondering if the situation was interesting.

Are you there, dear? Are you laughing now that you're following me, not you?

Edwin recognized my absurd gaze and smiled softly and wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"My bride is not a charmer. Still, I didn't know that I would be attracted to a woman."

The smile that had stretched out pleasantly quickly turned cold as ice.

"Princess, it's best not to think about using my bride."

"There was no such intention."

Evelyn was colored.

"Being a dog of the imperial family would have been unbearable for the princess's life to be taken as collateral and for Peyton's honor to be eroded. Moreover, since the Duke of Shabini will be standing above Peyton's head, there would have been no such insult."

Edwin crossed his legs and spoke languidly.

"But if you hold my hand, I'm crazy. I'm worried, how can I entrust the future of Peyton?"

Edwin was blunt even as he lowered himself.

"It must be difficult because the apples in both hands are poisoned. That's why I'm holding onto my bride's ankle and drooping."

Edwin leaned towards Evelynn and whispered lowly.

"My bride is not legally a Crawford yet, so she can step out in moderation. Besides, he's my favorite bride, and he's also a man with powers coveted by the imperial family, so it's a good match for the Joker."

Besides, since you can use your abilities, wouldn't it be a bonus?

Edwin added a small word and wrinkled one eye.

As his words continued, his head, which had been soaked in embarrassment, became colder.

'Did you really choose me for such a political calculation?'

Evelynn is not alone.

In the absence of Duke Peyton, she must protect the East as well as Peyton.

know. The fact that political calculations cannot be left out of her choice.

Still, when I said that he thought of me as a benefactor, my heart was touched by the courage to take risks to keep my trust.

Am I being too naive?

My heart, which was burning hot, became as cold as a frozen lake in the middle of winter.

"Sir, no. Evelynn really wanted to keep her trust with Angelina-sama."

Caleb, who had been quietly listening to the story, vomited his injustice and protested.

"If Evelynn wanted to use Angelina-sama, my father would not have followed Evelynn's will."

Caleb's amber eyes shone as firmly as a hard rock.

"No matter how much you follow Peyton, you two are benefactors who saved Benjamin."

So, he earnestly appealed to Evelynn to trust him.

Even then, Evelynn kept her mouth shut.

His light gray eyes fluttered softly like the night sea. As if he had expected this to happen.