Chapter 84

"... ... Are you sure you didn't treason?"

Evelynn looked at Edwin with a firm gaze.

"treason? If that's the case, I wouldn't be embarrassed."

Edwin crossed his legs and smirked.

Evelynn looked at Edwin with a keen eye, as if trying to determine if he was telling the truth.

"Isn't the confrontation between the Imperial Family and Crawford a day or two?"

"But the imperial family never pursued Crawford so directly, did they?"

"It seems that the princess still doesn't know what happened in the zodiac."

A question appeared on Evelynn's face as to whether it was as if she had left the emperor before the demons appeared.

"The emperor tried to kill me and Lina using wizards and demons. Besides that, he killed many innocent people."

"... ... !"

"I won't ask you to trust me. But keep your promises. Because I don't want to kill the princess whom I treated."

As Edwin secretly let her go, Evelynn's face turned pale in an instant.

I thought that the atmosphere would become more rigid if I went on like this, so I went out quickly.

"The reason we left without accompanying the Duke is because we didn't want Peyton to get involved in this."

The main reason was the ecliptic lockdown, but he also wanted to protect Peyton.

"It is still the same today. If the princess is with us, it will be dangerous."

Looking at Evelynn, who looked quite confused, I continued to speak cautiously.

"Isn't there any way to get into Mt. Meter without the princess?"

I was on my way to prepare for an armed conflict with the guards, but I wanted to resolve it amicably since I met Evelynn.

She did not readily answer.

The voice that came out after a while had calmed down.

"... ... What do you want to achieve there?"

"Payton has already pledged to grant one of our requirements in addition to access to Mt.

At the warning not to forget that, Evelynn clasped her hands and stared at Edwin.

"The agreement was clearly conditioned on the presence of Payton's direct line."

"Princess, do you think we're asking because we can't break through the guard?"

Edwin raised the corners of his lips as if sullen.

"We are now doing the utmost with respect to Peyton. So don't test my patience."

"Princess, please. This is my life at stake."

Speaking of life, Evelynn bit her thick lips.

As she was still undecided, Edwin muttered.

"If you are so anxious, ride a horse and go with us."

riding a horse? Can Evelynn ride a horse?

No, even if you could ride a horse, following us would be a huge forced march.

It's a difficult journey for me, sitting still on a horse, but how hard would it be to drive the horse myself?

Above all else, if you accompany us, the imperial family will of course be the target of the wizard's pursuit.