Chapter 47

"You are Crawford. Whoever ignores Crawford, I will not let him go."

The gaze that hit them straight in the face had a firm yet ferocious look.

To others, it was a bloody threat, but to me, I could feel the anxiety behind it.

"I know."

Edwin's face, which had hardened as he smiled lightly, loosened.

"Can't we invite Princess Peyton?"

"Do you want to meet me like that?"

"Yes. I want to make sure that I am as good a person as I think I am."

"What would you do if you liked it?"

"I want to be your friend. Shouldn't it be at least the heir to the duke's family to be considered my friend? I am Crawford."

In order to persuade Edwin, he deliberately emphasized 'Crawford' and criticized it.

To pretend to be arrogant, he straightened his shoulders and raised his chin slightly.

Edwin covered his mouth and shrugged as he glanced over to see if it was going well.

It's not the first time I've seen something like that, so I'm not nervous anymore.

Instead, I felt bad because I knew he was making fun of me.

"Ed."

As I slurred, Edwin patted my head with a smile on his face.

"I will invite the princess. Because Lina showed her cute side."

As a result, I succeeded in persuasion, but strangely, I felt like I was being beaten.

Returning to the drawing room, we sat on the sofa and continued tea time.

Sarah put the freshly brewed tea and cookies on the table and quietly left.

As we drank tea and chatted about various things, it naturally led to the topic of Archduke Heissen.

Edwin put down his teacup and sat me on his lap.

"I told the Archduke to come see me, but you don't have to meet in person."

"but... ... ."

"If you have any questions, I'll ask you for them. That's all right, huh?"

My heart fluttered at the soft words.

It was quite a disturbing factor to know that someone I could not remember at all knew me.

Moreover, even more so if I am in a situation where I am a Jueri who is being chased by the imperial family.

If I missed this opportunity, I did not know when I would be able to meet the Grand Duke again, so I grabbed it, but it was also true that I was afraid to face it in person.

What if the story that came out of his mouth was beyond my control?

Or what if it threatens my survival?

The constant worry kept tugging at his tail.

"Did you say you were also curious about the ring? I'll ask you that too. Where did you keep the ring?"

"The jewelry box that Ed gave me. After I got my engagement ring, I didn't want to wear it anymore, so I put it in."

"Did you?"

Edwin stretched out his tip and gently grabbed my left hand.

There was a hint of satisfaction in the hand that touched the engagement ring.