Chapter 26

"When I heard the news that the master was in danger, my heart sank."

Perhaps remembering that time, Huey touched my chest.

"You don't have to worry now. Because Lina is there."

"Yes. How lucky I am to have you."

Huey smiled softly as if she was worried.

"But I really don't know where you came from."

"You still haven't found it?"

"Yes. We expanded the scope of our investigation to other countries, but we couldn't find anything about Madame."

He furrowed his eyebrows as if he didn't like Huey.

"Even if you found it, if it's that much, even Ravens won't have a harvest."

"I will. Because they can't even reach my feet."

"It might be better than that."

Edwin shrugged and muttered.

It was better to hide the fact that it was Jueri that had no traces like this rather than a vaguely traced track.

'I'm curious, but I can't help it.'

It doesn't matter if you don't know about Angelina's past. It just matters that you are by my side right now.

"Then what did you find out?"

Huey jumped up from the sofa and sat down in front of Edwin, facing the desk.

"Didn't you tell me to investigate the rumors circulating among the robbers?"

Edwin nodded and Huey leaned forward.

"Rumors are circulating that ancient treasures are hidden in the Mujas Desert."

"What about the specifics of the treasure?"

"There are many theories out there, but the most influential one is that it is a jewel."

"jewel? Isn't that too common?"

When it comes to treasure, in nine out of ten, it means gold coins or jewels, so there was nothing special about it.

"It's not just a jewel. They said that it is a mysterious jewel that has the shape of a flower but feels like a live flower."

"How does a jewel feel alive?"

"So it's an ancient treasure. They say it was a treasure that was considered sacred in the ancient kingdom of Eucales."

"It's pretty specific."

Edwin let out a smirk.

"right? It's just one of many theories. I think the jewel is what the imperial family finds."

Huey held up her index finger and said with a very serious expression.

"Why do you think so?"

"A number of hypotheses and conjectures came and went over and over, and as soon as the rumors faded away, someone started a fire."

There was no one who could follow Huey as much as the insight that revealed the hidden truth by assembling and analyzing scattered information.

So his guess is correct.

"Not only that, but when there was talk of seeing flowers in the desert, Raven moved. In some cases, the site was dug up before the robbers could even dig it."

"It is a jewel that resembles a flower."

Edwin patted the neck where the opal necklace was supposed to be.