THREE!

you could hear the music blasting from the party all the way down the beach.

they had to park somewhat far away to be able to get a parking spot.

avalon was walking behind the boys on the way to the party. it was weird not having belly there.

it's not that she felt uncomfortable with just the boys, there have been other times when she was only with them. this time was just different. a lot has changed since last summer.

they've all changed.

they're growing up.

but avalon wasn't ready for it.

"whatcha thinkin about av?" jeremiah waved his hand in front of her face to get her attention.

she hadn't realized she was so zoned out. "nothing" she laughed it off.

"mhm, i know you were thinking about me." he joked, taking her hand and walking next to her.

"yeah, you wish jere." she playfully rolled her eyes.

he opened his mouth in shock "damn, i'm offended." he put his hand to his chest.

"you're too much of a flirt." she told him.

"avie-" he looked her up and down, "you're a bit of a flirt yourself."

"not true." she nodded her head, laughing.

"you realize you're both flirting with each other right now." conrad joined in.

"hey! quit eavesdropping." jere shouted.

"it's not eavesdropping if you're right behind us so we can hear every word you're saying." steven faced them, walking backwards.

av flipped him off, earning a high five from jere.

steven nodded his head in disapproval and turned back around facing the party.

when they got to the party, they immediately went their separate ways.

conrad was making out with some random girl, jeremiah was walking around finding people to flirt with, and steven also started hanging out with a girl there.

avalon found a spot on the beach to sit. she sat down in the sand, looking out at the water.

she sat by herself for quite a bit until jeremiah came over.

"this seat taken?" he pointed to the sandy spot next to her.

"nope, all yours." she smiled.

he sat down next to her and looked out at the water, like she was doing.

"it's pretty isn't it?" she asked, still focusing ahead.

"yeah, very." he said while looking over at her.

she started to look at him and he turned away quickly. she noticed.

she giggled to herself and started looking around. she looked past jere and noticed a familiar face sitting down the beach.

"shit!" she thought to herself.

"jere i'll be right back!" she quickly stood up and walked over to the girl sitting next to some random guy.

"belly?" she whisper-shouted.

belly sighed and looked up at avalon. "yep. but i wouldn't expect you to remember me."

she had completely forgotten to text belly.

"bells i'm so so sorry! i was planning on texting you but i got distracted and-" she was cut off.