TEN!

the summer days started to consist of debutante training. then when the girls had free time, the boys were always busy with work. the only times they'd see each other was at the house right before or after they went their separate ways. there was one lucky night where they all had nothing on their schedule. the moms made dinner for all of them. they all finally had a dinner together for the first time in two weeks.

after dinner, they had a movie night. they binged three movies, but susannah fell asleep after the first. eventually the moms all went to sleep during the third. all that was left were the teens.

"do we really wanna sit here and watch another movie?" steven complained.

"what else you got in mind?" jere asked, sitting up excitedly.

steven smirked, "i know a few parties going on tonight."

"alright! i'm in!" jeremiah pumped fists with steven.

"con? av? you going?" steven asked.

"what about me dingus?!" belly chimed in.

"you're not invited." steven laughed.

"aw come on man! it's our one night that we're all together." jeremiah stuck up for belly.

steven sighed dramatically, "fine. let's go."

belly stood up, clapping her hands excitedly. "yay! let's go av!" she grabbed avalon's hands to lift her up.

avalon pulled her hands away. "i think i'm gonna stay here."

belly's smile faded, "aw why?"

av shrugged her shoulders, "i'm just not in the mood."

"well then, i'll stay!" belly offered.

"no bells, you should go. have fun for me okay?" she tried to smile.

"are you sure?" belly asked.

"i'm sure." she reassured her.

belly hugged avalon tightly. "don't do anything i wouldn't do." avalon giggled.

belly saluted, "got it!" she smiled at her, then started making her way over to the door.

"i can stay if you want some company." steven told her. she nodded her head no. "no no, the party was your idea, go have fun." she shooed him away.

jeremiah opened his mouth to talk but she stood up, putting her finger over his mouth. "you're going too."

jere's heart skipped a beat. something about that made his stomach turn, in the best way possible. "yes ma'am." he winked at her. she tried not to smile but she couldn't help it.

conrad was still sitting on the couch after the whole ordeal. "come on connie!" steven shouted.

"nah man, i don't feel like going either." he laid back with his head on his arm.

jeremiah looked at the two with concern, conrad noticed. "we'll behave." he put his hands up like he was getting arrested.

"i know av will, i can't say the same about you." jere taunted.

"the fuck is that supposed to mean?" conrad started to sit up.

"oh i don't know, maybe i don't want you to fuck with avalon's head again and make her be another one of your hookups!" jere spoke agitated.

conrad stood up and got close to jere. "hey i didn't come onto her, she initiated it! what? you want a whole rundown of what happened? huh? maybe i should explain it in full detail!" conrad yelled.