NINE!

the next morning, belly and avalon woke up to a text from susannah. it had told them to meet her in the living room once they got up.

they made their way downstairs. they had no idea what this could be about.

"good morning you two!" she sat up happily and went to hug them both.

"good morning!" they both responded and hugged her back.

"come on over here and have a seat." she offered.

the two sat down nervously, looking over at each other with confused looks on their faces.

the boys noticed the encounter and eavesdropped from the kitchen.

"i've wrangled you two invitations to be debutantes this summer!" she clapped her hands together.

"is that those stuck up girls who wear white dresses and have to curtsy?" belly asked.

susannah laughed, "it's when a girl comes of age and is presented to society."

the girls didn't look sold on the idea at all.

"listen i know it sounds silly but, it's actually fun. girls come from all over the world just to be a part of it." susannah explained.

"the whole deb scene is bullshit! it's for sheep." conrad butted into the conversation.

"oh connie, no it isn't! it's when a girl has a coming out. it's a formal recognition that she's reached maturity."

steven started bursting out laughing. "mature? belly? this definitely isn't for her."

laurel overheard the conversation when her and fiona walked into the kitchen from outside.

"steven!" laurel shouted.

"what? you know i'm right." he argued.

laurel sighed and walked into the living room. "i just don't think belly would want to do this. same for avalon." she explained. "it doesn't look like their type of thing."

the two girls looked at each other. it was like they could read each others minds just by the expressions they made.

"we'll think about it." avalon spoke.

laurel had a shocked look across her face. fiona jogged into the room. "really?" she asked confused.

"really." avalon nodded.

susannah had a huge smile on her face. "thank you girls! all i ask is that you think about it." she hugged them again and handed them the invitations.

the moms all walked out of the room and continued on with their day. they had things they needed to get done before relaxing.

"you can't seriously be considering this?" steven plopped down onto the couch and crossed his arms.

"and why are you so concerned?" belly asked.

"i'm not! there's just no way you'd ever be a deb." he remarked.

all of the negative feedback made them want to be a deb. they just wanted to prove them all wrong.

"you know what..." avalon began. "susannah can you come in here?" she yelled.

susannah made her way back into the living room, "yes avie?"

"i'll do it." she sat up confidently and crossed her arms, smirking at steven.

his mouth dropped slightly.

"me too!" belly sat up with her.

steven nodded his head frantically. "no way." he laughed.

"yes way." belly argued.