SEVENTEEN!

avalon had woken up to the sound of laughing. belly was on facetime with taylor early in the morning. she had figured belly would become friends with taylor again eventually, but she didn't think it would be to the point where taylor was coming back to cousin's beach.

she stayed laying there with her eyes closed until she heard belly get off the phone.

"really? you invited taylor back here?" avalon blurted.

belly didn't know avalon was awake. "gosh! you scared me!" she laughed awkwardly.

avalon sat up quickly, "answer the question."

belly's fake smile faded. "i was going to tell you but-"

"you were going to tell me when you were on your way to pick her up." she crossed her arms.

belly sighed and walked over to the door. "if i can forgive you, i can forgive her too." she walked out of the room dramatically.

avalon knew she had a point, but she was still upset. she was already stressed enough. she didn't need taylor here to make it worse.

she got ready and went to her mother's room. she closed the door behind her and sat on the end of fiona's bed. fiona was in front of her vanity, doing her makeup.

"what's up avie baby?" she smiled and started putting on her mascara.

"did you know taylor was coming?!" she sat there with her arms crossed.

fiona giggled a little, "yeah, i thought belly told you."

"what's so funny? you know the shit taylor caused last time." she tried not to shout too loud.

"av honey, why are you wasting energy on her? she's not worth it! you can still have a good time even when she's here. don't let her ruin your fun. and holding a grudge like this is a waste of time honey. life's too short." she said as she put her hair up in a ponytail.

avalon admired her mom for that. fiona never cared what others thought of her and she didn't let anything get in the way of her fun. she lived everyday like it was her last. she never sweat the small stuff.

avalon sighed, "you're right."

fiona smirked facing the mirror, which made avalon's eyes go wide when she realized what she had said. "but don't get used to it!" she pointed to her mom. she didn't want to boost her ego even more.

"av honey, i'm always right. thanks for reminding me." she turned around to face her with a big smile on her face.

avalon rolled her eyes and stood up to leave the room.

"love you!" fiona shouted in a playful manner.

"mhm whatever." avalon giggled.

av went downstairs to eat breakfast. she saw belly sitting at the table eating cereal while scrolling on her phone. she got a bowl of cereal for herself and sat down next to belly.

"are you mad?" belly asked, with her eyes locked onto her phone.

"why would i be mad?" she shrugged.

"why wouldn't you be mad?" she looked over to avalon with a serious look on her face.

"i'm not mad. you can do what you want." she tried to keep it cool.

belly let out a big sigh. "alright well, my mom and i are going to get taylor so i'll see you later." she stood up and walked out of the room, leaving her cereal bowl behind.

avalon already knew there would be tension. even belly was already in a mood. she wasn't looking forward to any of this.

she cleaned up her and belly's cereal bowls and put them in the dishwasher. she overheard someone talking by the pool outside. it was nicole and conrad. they were sitting at the edge of the pool with their feet in the water. nicole was all smiley and laughing with him.