chapter four

Chris Evans

He was nervous. Walking out of his car, he tried to calm his breath. He knocked on Honey's apartment door at exactly seven pm. What he didn't expect was for Honey to be looking as she did. Beautiful. She was wearing high fitted blue jeans and a knitted sweater, her hair in a braid. He had told her to dress casually.

"Hi," She smiled. A dark haired girl came running towards them and Chris smiled at her. She was the exact replica of her mother. Chris catched her before the little girl could run out on the street. "Thank you." Honey smiled at Chris before he handed her back to Honey.

"What have I told you about running out the door, sweetie?" Honey turned her head to the girl, pushing a lock out of her face. "It is dangerous. I'm sorry mommy. When is daddy coming?" Chris could see a pained look on Honey's face. "I actually thought you could stay with Grandma and Grandpa tonight? Grandma made her pizza, and you will even get a little candy afterwards."

"Yay! Put me down please." Honey laughed softly and put her daughter down on the floor.

"She's adorable and looks just like you," Chris commented. "What's her name?" Honey blushed lightly. "Amelia. Come in." She stepped to the side, so that Chris could step inside. He took off his shoes, when he saw that Honey didn't have any on. "It's just until my mom arrives. Do you want anything to drink? I'm sorry for the mess. It's not easy to keep it clean in here when Amelia loves to make a mess."

Chris shook his head. He didn't mind, it was cosy. It felt like a home. His house didn't, it was just a big empty house. "That's okay. I like it. It's you." Honey had always been of the messy kind, he remembered. Honey blushed again and Chris smirked.

"So what have you been up to?" Honey sat down on the sofa opposite of Chris. "Are you trying to make small talk?" Chris laughed at Honey's try to start a conversation. She nodded. "Yes. I know, I'm still horrible at it. What have you planned for us to do?" She tilted her head.

"That's still a secret. But I think you will enjoy it." Chris was secretive of him, and he could see it was annoying Honey.

Honey was about to protest when a knock on the door interrupted her. She stood up and walked over to the front door opening it. Honey's mother came into view. Chris straightened himself automatically up when Tom came into view behind Linda.

"Amelia? Grandma and Papa are here to pick you up."

"How did she take the news about Ethan not wanting to be with her tonight?" Linda asked Honey, before she noticed that Chris was sitting in Honey's living room. "Christopher! It's been a while since I last saw you."

"Hello ma'am." Chris stood up from his seating position. "Yes, it has been a long time. It's good to see you again Mrs. Adam." He was taken aback when Linda pulled him into a tight hug. To be so petite as Linda was, she was surprisingly strong. Just like her daughter. "Always so formal. Please...how many times have I told you to call me Linda?"

She pulled away from Chris, releasing him from her grip and he felt like he could breathe again. "I apologise. But if I can call you Linda, I assume I can call you Tom?" Chris turned to the older man, and tried to smile. He had always been intimidated by Honey's father.

Tom shook his head. "Absolutely not. It's either Sir or Mr. Adams."

"Dad." Honey said at the same time as Linda slapped her husband lightly on the upper arm.

"Tom. Be nice to Christopher." They started to bicker back and forth playfully and Chris adored what they had. This was what he wanted to have in twenty years. Honey's parents got interrupted by Amelia coming running into the room with a small backpack on her back. 

"Grandma! Papa!" Amelia ran into Linda's arms when she leaned down to her. Linda stood back up. "Mommy said I can get candy! Can we go noooow?"

*

"Where are we going?" Honey turned to look at Chris who was driving them to the place he had set up the date. He chuckled when he told Honey that she would just have to wait and see and she huffed grumply.

The drive wasn't long, but with Honey in his car it felt like hours to Chris. He loved this time with Honey. Her big brown eyes lit up his mood. "Are we there yet?" Honey moaned just like she had done when they were driving to Disneyland when they were little.

"Are we there yet mom?" Honey moaned at her mother. It was their families annual trip to Disneyland and they had decided to drive this year. Tom had just had heart surgery and couldn't fly. Chris wanted to drive in the same car as his best friend.

"No, not yet sweetie." Linda turned her head back towards the kids in the car. "We have only just begun the drive. You can drink some of your orange juice."

"She has already drunk it all," Her older brother Mathias ratted his sister out to their mom.

"Here," Chris handed Honey his juice box. "You can have mine Honey." She grabbed it out of his hand and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you, Christopher." She beamed and started to sip on the juice.

"Very soon, I promise." Chris reassured her, smiling at her.

He held his promise, because it only took a few minutes before he put the car in park. Stepping out of the car he hurried over to the passenger side and opened the car for Honey. "Good to know you are still a gentleman." Honey joked and Chris laughed a small laugh.

"Where are we by the way?" Honey looked around.

"You don't remember?" She shook her head at him. "Should I remember?" Chris grabbed her hand and dragged her into the woods. "Are you going to kill me, Christopher? Because if you are, I think you should do it by air shot between my toes, then it will look like I got a heart attack. That would be your best option."

"Good to know you are still a drama queen. Just how I remember you." Chris laughed while they walked side by side. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you."

They arrived at the tree house they had built when they were ten. The ladder was hanging out of it and Chris ushered Honey towards it. "Do you remember now?"

"Yes!" Honey smiled big. "This is perfect!"

 "This is perfect!"