chapter thirteen

Honey Adams

"I guess we have to," Honey stepped aside to let Chris into the house. Chris took off his jacket. "Do you want anything?" He followed after her into the living room. It had been ages since he had been in this home, last time was at Honey's and Ethan's housewarming when they first moved back to Boston. It had been awkward then, and it was awkward now.

The silence between them was unsettling, Honey didn't know what to say, or how to start the conversation they needed to have. "I saw the article." She broke the silence and she could see that Chris swallowed hard, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down and she already knew where the conversation was leading. "But I still want to hear your side of the case. I'm giving you a chance to explain."

"I don't know what to tell you, baby." Chris started accepting the fact that he probably had screwed everything between them up. "I don't really remember anything from that night. I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it, Chris."

"I know."

Honey sat down at the table with her coffee. She still had such strong feelings for Chris that it hurt. Every inch in her body told her that they were meant to be. But she was growing closer to Ethan every day. "I'm trying to wrap my head around all of it. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not pleasing you enough?"

"No! You don't get to think like that, Honey." Chris grabbed her hand, but she pulled away. She didn't want him to touch her, not after he had his hands all over Miranda's body. It didn't feel right, his touch didn't feel right anymore. She stood up abruptly, and walked over to the kitchen island. Placing her hands on the island top she hung her head low. "You don't get to say you aren't good enough. Because you are."

He came over to her and placed a soft hand on her back that she shrugged off. "Please don't touch me, Christopher." Honey walked behind the island as Chris followed after her.

"No." He turned her around and placed his hands on each side of her, caging her in. "I get to touch my girlfriend when she's upset. I get to comfort her in a way only a boyfriend can." Chris rested his forehead on Honey's.

"You're not my boyfriend anymore."

"You don't mean that."

"I do. We aren't together anymore Christopher."

Chris pulled away from Honey and she had to stop a whimper from escaping her mouth. This was the hardest thing she had ever done. It was harder than the time when she had to flush her fish down the toilet.

"You want to say a word?" Chris stood beside Honey in her parents bathroom on a Sunday afternoon. They had just turned eight and Honey's Goldfish, she had gotten five days earlier, were already dead.

"Daddy is going to kill me when he finds out that my fish is dead." She held the tiny fish in her palm. "But it's not my fault I'm forgetful and forgot to feed Cactus."

"It kinda is, though." Chris commented as he looked down at the dead fish. He grunted when Honey hit him lightly in the stomach with the back of her left hand. "Ouch. I'm sorry. It's not your fault."

"Thank you." She held the fish up by its caudal fin. Honey let go of the fish and it fell down into the toilet, making a faint splash sound as it hit the water. "You were a good friend, and I liked how you just swam around and around in your bowl. I didn't even get the chance to buy you a bigger aquarium than the glass bowl you have. I'm going to miss you, buddy."

A faint whimper escaped from her lips as Chris flushed the toilet.

"So what do we do now, baby?" Chris took a step closer again, as he placed his right hand at the nape of her neck as his left thumb rubbed over her bottom lip. She couldn't push him away.

"Break up."

"No." Chris stated firmly and Honey could see that was the last thing he wanted to do, but in her eyes it was the only right thing to do. It would hurt, but it was easier this way. She was in the process of getting back together with Ethan and she couldn't oversee the fact that Chris had cheated on her, whether he had meant it or not. Drunk or sober. Cheating was cheating.

"Yes, Chris." She sighed heavily as he started to kiss the side of her throat. "We shouldn't be together anymore. I don't love you anymore."

"I don't believe you." He pushed the neckline of her shirt to the side as he brought his kisses down to her collarbone. "I love you, you love me. We are meant to be, Honey. So no. We aren't going to break up."

Honey let him assault her neck and collarbones, even though she knew it was wrong. It was just that it felt so good to be receiving his touch again. So she gave into his touch as she started to unbutton his shirt. Chris helped her shrug it off his shoulders. Next was Honey's clothes.

They disappeared from her body as Chris got himself naked as well. He sank down to the floor in front of her. He ran his hands up the side of her body to her hips, as she placed her hands on the counter behind her and leaned her head back. Chris connected his lips to her clit, using his tongue to flick it.

He brought his hand to her opening and plunged a finger inside of her, curling it towards her, hitting that sweet spot. Honey moaned loudly and smacked her hand in front of her mouth. This is so wrong. But at this moment she didn't care. She was grinding into Chris's hand and face, chasing her release.

"You taste devine, baby." Chris commented as he made sure to clean her up with his tongue. "I need to be inside you."

Honey had decided to throw every moral out the window. So she agreed. As Chris stood up she hopped up onto the counter and spread her legs for Chris to position himself in between her legs. He pulled her to the edge before he entered with just the tip, and pulled back out. Making Honey pout. "Please Chris. I need all of you."

Honey threw her head back, hitting it on the edge of the counters, but she didn't care. It hurted, but she didn't want to register the pain, not when Chris brought her to a pleasure she had missed. She hadn't slept with Ethan yet, so she had missed the sex. And sex with Chris was something else.

Chris couldn't wait anymore, the teasing he had done, with him just pulling his tip in and out, had made him so hard and so sensitive to her warmth. He entered her in one hard thrust, and then he pulled out and thrusted back in.

He brought his hand down to her clit and smacked it lightly, before he rubbed circles. Honey pulled him in for a small kiss, just to test the waters. She didn't know why she did it, maybe she was influenced by the book she was currently reading, or maybe it was because this was wrong. She was with Ethan, and this was technically cheating. Even though her and Ethan hadn't put a label to their relationship, this was cheating. But a part of her couldn't get herself to care not until the front door closed and Ethan's voice beamed through the house.

"What the fuck is this?!"