chapter eleven

Honey Adams

"Give me back my daughter." She looked at Amelia who was playing on the floor behind her father, unknowing of what was going on. Honey was grateful for that. "I did what you asked me to do. Give Amelia back."

"Oh, Honey." Ethan took a step towards his former wife as Honey took a step back. "Can't you see it?"

"See what Ethan?" At this point she was tired, Ethan had been denying her to see Amelia. It had been almost a week since she had asked Chris to give her some space, but Ethan still denied her to be with her daughter. "What else is it that you want?"

Ethan let out a laugh as he pressed Honey up against the wall and kissed her neck. "I want you back. I want us to be a happy family. Amelia deserves to live in a home where both her parents are."

"I will never come back to you," She spit the words at him as she pushed him back. "I'm together with Chris. And I love him. Give me Amelia before I call the police. Now!"

Amelia had come over to them and held her arms up for Honey, who picked her daughter up and held her to her chest. "You haven't seen it, have you?"

Honey shot her eyes back at Ethan who was fixated on pulling up something on his phone. "Seen what?"

"This. The news." Ethan held up his phone as a picture of Chris and a blonde woman going into a hotel.

Chris Evans spotted with prostitute Miranda Gonzales.

Scrolling down the page a new picture showed up. Miranda coming out of the hotel, alone, looking like she just got the sex of the year. Her blonde locks were to all sides, make up smeared out on her face.

"I'm so sorry, Honey," Ethan comforted her. "I thought you knew." He did what any man would in a situation where the girl he claimed to love would do. He hugged her.

"I'm really sorry."

"It's fine. I knew we were doomed after all. Guess I wasn't pleasing him enough. Just like I wasn't pleasing you. I'm sorry, Ethan."

"Hey you." He comforted her, stroking her back lightly as he let her cry on his shoulder. Amelia tried to comfort her as well, by stroking her little hand up and down Honey's head. "You were nothing but amazing. I was the one in the wrong during our marriage, okay? It was me, not you."

"Mommy don't be sad. Daddy?"

"Yes, sweet pie?" Ethan looked at his daughter.

"Will you make mommy happy again?"

"I will try, baby girl. I will try." He turned his attention back to Honey who had stilled her cries a bit. "Or what do you say, baby? Can we try again? I promise to be a better boyfriend this time. This time we will go at your pace."

Honey had never been as confused as she was now. Only a few minutes ago he had refused to give her Amelia, and now he promised to be a better man for her. She had never stopped loving Ethan, she thought. Or maybe she never had loved him. She didn't quite know. He had always been a confusing man, but this time he sounded sincere. And there was nothing in his eyes that told her that he was joking with her.

"I'm not sure if we can be a couple right away, or ever. But I want to try to be friends again, and who knows? Maybe one day I will agree to go on a date with you?"

"Okay." He nodded at her, before he took Amelia from her again, this time it wasn't to take her away, only to put her to bed. "Come on baby girl. It's past bedtime for both animals and tiny little princesses."

*

"Can I stay here?" Honey asked when Ethan came back into the living room. "I can sleep on the sofa. I just don't want to go back home in case Chris shows up."

"Yes of course. And you don't have to sleep on the sofa. I have a spare bedroom, I just have to make the bed and it's all good. Give me ten minutes."

Honey laughed. "So you've gotten better at making the bed? Last I checked it took you at least an hour to make it."

"Yeah, well..." Ethan laughed while pouring a glass of water for Honey. "I had to learn when we got divorced. My mother refused to come help me after a month. She told me I needed to grow up and start doing those things myself. Though love she called it."

Honey accepted the glass from him and followed him to the room.

Ethan still struggled getting the sheet on the bed. You know, it was the case where you put one corner, and when you put the opposite corner down the first one popped off the madras.

"You have to put the correct corner of the sheet to the correct corner of the madras. You need to find the corner on the sheet where the tag is, and put that on the left corner of the madras. And for the covers you have to make it into a burrito, or do my method."

Honey found the cover that was going over the duvet and made it inside out, before crawling into the opening on the end and took the corners of the duvet and shimmed back out.

Her hair was a mess and Ethan used gentle strokes to smooth it out again. His hand moved to her cheek and he looked deep into her eyes. Honey's heart skipped a bit.

Ethan leaned in, like he was going to kiss her, before he pulled away. "Good night, Honey. I will be in the room next door. Don't be afraid to wake me if you need anything."

That was a new one, Honey noticed. When they were still married, she could never wake him, when he was sleeping. She remembered back to when the water broke the day Amelia was born.

It had been in the middle of the night, when it suddenly had become wet under Honey, and the first contraction had hit her. But she didn't dare to wake her husband to take her to the hospital. So she had just laid there until he had woken up the following morning. He yelled at her because she hadn't woken him up the moment the water broke, and her contractions had started.

"Thank you, Ethan. Truly." She held his hand before they let go and Ethan left her alone in the room. "Good night."

Hi! First of all don't judge the grammar and the flow in this chapter

Hi!
First of all don't judge the grammar and the flow in this chapter. It's currently midnight here and I wrote this chapter on my phone. I will go back and edit it when I have the time!

What do we think is going on here? Is Ethan being sincere when he apologised to Honey?

Let me know what you think!

Stay awesome and eat dessert before dinner!

Much love,
theblondewhodoesntquiteknowwhatsgoingon