9. Alexaa

As we went home the sun was rising, the whole night has passed. I felt a little bad for bothering him but then it was his decision to accompany me. He stopped the car infront of a small cafe, I looked at him a little shocked. It was six in the morning there is no way this cafe will be opened but to my utter dismay I saw movements inside the Cafe.

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"For breakfast" he shrugged and got out of the car when he saw me not coming down he looked back at me.

"You coming?" He asked and I sighed, Roxy was still sleeping so I laid her down on my seat as I got out and followed him. We sat on the corner table. An old lady came in our direction with a beaming smile.

"My son!" She said as she hugged Asher who smiled a genuine smile at her.

"I thought you forgot me" she said with a little frown but was still smiling.

"I can never forget you" Asher said and she smiled at him. I was looking at them like some lost puppy. She looked at me and sighed.

"I always wish that one day you will come here with a girl but I think today is not that day." She frowned a little at him.

"He must be someone special because you don't just bring anyone here" she said and smiled at me. She pinched my cheeks lovingly.

"Who is this cute little boy? I am Alice" She asked and I stopped myself from glaring at her, she looked nice but the way she just insults me.

"Mom he is 20" he told with a little smirk, the old lady which I suppose is his mother smiled a little apologetically at me.

"Oh I am sorry, you look so young. I thought you ate 15 or 16" she apologized but I just nod and let out a forced smile.

"I am Vincent" I said and she gave me a smile.

"What will you take?" She asked and gave us the menu. I looked at the menu but I didn't want to eat here, I have never sat anywhere like that and ate. I always take out my food and ate in my house so it was a new experience for me. This place was quite cozy and decent giving the homey feeling because of its sky blue walls and white table and chairs.

"You are not comfortable here?" Asher asked me as he took in my expression.

"No it's okay" I said and flipped through the menu.

"Their special breakfast is the best here" he told me and I closed the menu looking at her.

"Then your special breakfast it is" I said with a tight lipped smile as she smile a full blown smile and went away after Asher ordered the same.

We sat quietly as we waited for the food to come. I was looking around the cafe whereas Asher was looking at me as of trying to read me. I was ignoring him at first but then I gave up and glared at him.

"What?" I said and he remain silent.

"I am trying to understand you" he told me with the same blank look.

"And why is that?" I asked with the same blank look.

"Because you intrigue me" he said and I panicked a little, can it be possible that he know that I am not a guy? No probably not. The lady came back with a food and his focus turns to her. I sighed in relief. The food really was delicious and she filled my plate with extra food and pressured me to finish it all. She was really worried sboit my health and kept asking me if I don't eat enough.

"I was sick few days ago so may be that's why I lost some Weight, I will be fine in few days" I tried to reassure her but it did the opposite because now she was more worried and asked me about why and how I got sick. I was getting annoyed at her and myself for liking her motherly care. She was treating me like her son.