24. Tug of war...

Next morning when I came downstairs everyone was looking at me well more precisely looking at my red swollen eyes. I was crying the whole night and couldn't sleep, I was looking at all our family photos wuth my dad and elliot in them. I could recognize elliot from there now i see it . Everything was just too much for me, I planned to not come out of my room today but constant calling and messages from Max made me come out. He said that he is not going to clean the house alone. So here I am standing in the living room, in my right side was max standing with the mop and broom but when he saw me he came to me with worry.

"Hey bro, you okay?" He asked me and I looked down trying to hide my gloomy face.

"Yeah I am, I will take that" I said taking the broom from him. Rest of the guys were on dining table having their breakfast.

"Vince come have your breakfast, today I made your favourite pancakes" John said smiling at me but I have him a tight smile.

"Thank you John but I don't feel like eating " I said and make my way upstairs not looking at any guy. I will start with the second floor where there will be no one and I can drown in my misery peacefully.

It took me an hour on one floor and another hour on the second 'the boys floor'. After two hours I was done and I am sure by now max would also be done. I went downstairs to place the broom downstairs in the cleaning room.

When I came downstairs max was still cleaning. He is so slow! He was sulking, he always does that when he cleans.

"Let me help you" I said and he smiled widely at me but then his smile disappeared.

"No you have already done more work then me, I will take care of it" he said and I nods. I placed the broom and mop in cleaning room, when I came out I came face to face with Elliott, he was on call with someone and came out of the office to take a call. He smile at me once he saw me but one look at him and my tears start falling. He looked taken aback but I couldn't stop my tears from falling, he is my brother and he told me that he miss his sister.

"Hey can I call you back later" he said yo someone on the phone and then he came near me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay Vincent? Why are you crying?" He asked me with worry and I just kept crying like a little baby.

"Hey tell me does any body said anything to you?" He asked with a little frown to which I shake my head. I don't know what to say so I just hugged him and cried on his shoulder. He was taken aback at first but then he sighed and patted my back lightly as if trying to calm me, if I wasn't so sad I would have laughed at his efforts.

"Hey don't cry... I don't know how to ... uhmm make you stop ... I mean.." He exhaled heavily and a small laugh came out of me at his words and nervousness.

"What's happening here?" Came Asher's voice from behind, I take a huge breath and stepped away from my brother who looked nervous.

"Vince was crying and ... I don't know how to make him stop" said Elliott looking flustered.

"Why? What happened?" In two steps Asher was by my side and was looking at my face, his eyes darken at my red eyes.

"Nothing .. I just missed my family" I said looking down, by now I am sure they would think I am a cry baby and I can see that other boys are also here.

"Bro I am your family too" came Max with his cheerful smile and side hugged me.

"Asher can we go out today to cheer Vince up" Max said with his cheeky smile and Asher just narrowed his eyes at him

"Come on it would cheer him up, he is a family now and he didn't even had his breakfast today. I know a good place where he sill feel good." Max said as he looked at Asher who gazed at me for a second and then nods.