13. Adventure

A month has passed of me staying here, now my foot is perfectly fine but I acted a little two three more days so that I can see Dr Scott again but Asher somehow knew that I was acting so he told Dr Scott to not come again. Max told me that Dr Scott only comes when one of them is injured or ill which is happen once in a while. I was sad but then I forgot him as I got busied in house chores. Max and I were on cleaning and mopping duty, all three floors. First Day when we started it was a mess, more like I created a mess.

But John and Tyler helped us, kitchen duties are on John and Tyler. Both Asher and Elliott are like kings, I sighed. I even saw elliot sometimes doing chores but Asher he is a spoiled brat. He will come and scold mostly me and Max as they call us now two little kids.

We don't have to clean any rooms, everyone cleans their own room. So Max and I cleans only the hallways, living rooms and bathrooms on the ground floor. When I asked max that why do they don't have any maids or helpers even though they are rich so he said 'Asher said it's not safe to have any outsider here and also we would be active' I still don't get it but now I enjoy earning clean money.

No one at home does laundry, for this purpose a man came once a week and took out dirty clothes and returns it the next day all cleaned and ironed. For which I am very thankful because I don't want to do laundry too.

This place is mostly clean so it doesn't take us enough time. It's more like a quality time for both Max and I. We laugh most of the times, teasing each other. But sometimes all guys just disappear leaving me alone at home, they even lock all the doors from outside before going which really bothers me. They are fishy but as long as they are not harming me I am good!

I haven't been out for many days now and frankly speaking I don't want to go out, their garden is a safe place for me. When I am free I go there with Roxy and Bruno.

I was alone on the living room watching TV, after dinner all the boys went to the office in which I am still not allowed to go. While sitting I got curious and went to the office that is at the back side on this ground floor. I stood infront of the door and placed my ears on it trying to listen but there voices were muffled, I could only make out that it's Asher who is speaking. Once a while one of the boy speaks more like question. I moved left and right, placing my ear near the key hole and finally I could hear some voices

"John would stay in the car and monitor the surroundings, while elliot and me will go inside. Max you will take care of the cameras, I want all the cameras off for 5 minutes. Tyler you will go inside.!" he told them

"Would 5 minutes be enough?" John asked, what are they planning? Are they stealing something or killing someone? I was making assumptions when it went silent inside and it took me a moment to realize that some one is coming towards the door. I instantly stood straight but couldn't ran off as the door opened and there stood Asher in all his glory, he had hard face which soften when he saw me.

"Hey" I waved awkwardly at him and then at boys who were looking at me, some with amusement but Elliott with a little anger, I think he hates me. He is the only one who never talks to me until it is something important but then also he don't to others too, Max once told me that he had a very bad past which made him like that.

"Explain!" Asher ordered and glared at me, oh yes! How I could forgot this rock, he also never talks to me but he orders me around alot, like bring me water, bring me coffee, go wash dishes, go clean the second floor. He always keeps me busy! I sighed.

I try to think of a lie but then his face harden and he raise his one brow. I know he would know if I lied.

"Actually I was passing through, Uhmm and then I heard some voices... so I start listening and ..... are you going somewhere?" I asked him immediately.