28. Saved

I woke up when I heard noises around me, I looked at Max questioningly. It was loud gunshot.

"They are here" he grinned at me and I can see how his stoic face that he has maintained till the moment we are kidnapped is wearing off now.

I tried to sit up but my ribs were screaming at me.

"Don't move!" Max said to me when he saw me moving.

"You will worsen your injury" he scolded me. This guy here who is bleeding and wounded more than me is still caring for my injuries which are nothing in comparison to his.

The door opened with the loud thud, max and I were alone in the room. It was Asher and Tyler. They first saw Max as he was just infront of the door. Tyler ran towards Max and start undoing his ropes.

"You okay bro?" He asked him.

"Where's Vincent?" Asked Asher frantically as he was looking around the room and then his gaze fell on me. He came towards me and leaned towards me as he observed my injured face.

"What the hell?" Said Tyler in shock when he saw me but he didn't look that shock.

"Uhmm ... hi" I said in a small voice. I feel like a betrayer right now.

"Who did this to you?" Asher asked in his hard face.

"Don't worry, he is already dead" said Max from behind as Tyler helped him to stand.

"Elliot, John we need cover" ordered Asher as he helped me sat up but I groaned in pain and my eyes filled with tears. I think the sedative is wearing off.

"Can you walk?" He asked me to which I shake my head. He picked me in his arms when he realized that I can't walk.

Tyler gave one of his gun to Max now who was limping and walking with the help of Tyler. They both were infront of us and were shooting those who came in our way. I closed my eyes as my head was already aching so much and the gunshots weren't helping.

When we were outside the warehouse. Elliot and John were hiding in the trees and were covering for us as we ran towards the trees.

Asher carried me to the distance where the car was parked, Elliot and John looked at me with a little shock but then they over came it and opened the door of the van. Asher placed me on the back seat, Elliot and John were in front seat and John was driving and rest of us were at the back.

He starts the van but we were still followed by the gunshots, Elliot, Tyler and Asher were shooting back at them. I closed my eyes as well as Max, we both were tired and injured.

As we were few miles away only then we were able to not hear those gunshots. The guys sat back in their seats relaxed.

Then Asher turn towards us and gazed at both of us.

"We are going to Scott's" he said to John.

Then Elliot was asking Asher about our injuries.

"Why would they hurt a girl?" Elliot growled.

"That guy who caught Asher that day, he was there. He recognised.. Vince.. I mean .. I don't know what to call her anymore..." Max huffed. Asher was about to say my name but I intervened.

"Vee...you can call me Vee" I said, Asher gave me a look and I gave back a pleading one.

"So you don't even want to tell your real name now..." Max scoffed.

"Max!" Asher called him.

"So that guy Jeff recognised her and then he beat her to get his revenge for saving you but then Ian killed him for hitting her" Max told and everyone was silent after that.