29. Dark thoughts

"Good morning!" A loud voice wake us up and it was none other than Alexa and Alice. They came to visit us when Asher told them. She said she was calling me dince yesterday when I didn't pick my calls she called Asher.

"I brought you flowers Vee" she said with a smile.

"She knew too?" Asked Max with accusing glance.

"I had to tell her.." I said but Alexa was enjoying this way too much as she gave him a teasing smirk.

"Oh my God" said Alice as she saw me.

"You were a girl!" She stated.

"I a... am sorry!" I said not knowing what to say.

"No no it's okay, you must have a good reason behind it" she said as she patted my cheeks lovingly.

"I brought some soup for you two" she said with her kind smile.

"And where are my flowers" scoffed Max.

"And why do you think that I will bring some for you?" Alexa huffed as she sat with me.

"Stay away from my best friend" yelled Max and then their fight started, it kept on going like this and only stopped when boys came as Asher glared at both kids. Alice was feeding me some soup eventhough I told her not to but she insisted and for a moment I thought my mother is sitting infront of me.

"Who did this to you?" Alice said sadly as he saw me wincing whenever I tried to move.

"It's nothing Alice, don't worry and it's not the first time I got broken ribs..." I paused when I realized what I just said and everyone was looking at me. I was embarrassed for a moment and looked at Max for help.

"I mean ... I fell one time and I broke my ribs.. so.." I said.

"Yeah she told me that yesterday, how she fell from the stairs that one time..  it was very funny" Max Said with a laugh, everyone looked normal after that but Asher eyes were still on me as if he was trying to read me.

"We are going back home" he told us, Alexa and Alice left after that.

John cane towards me with the wheel chair.

"I am not going sit on this" I said eyeing the chair.

"Scott told you not to move around much, it's better that way" John coaxed but I shake my head stubbornly.

"As you wish" said Asher and the next moment he picked me up in his arms.

"What are you doing?" I was flabbergasted.

"I am helping you" he said as he take me out towards his car, this time he sat me on the front seat. Other guys were in the second car.

I scoffed. I don't like to be a damsel in distress and right now I am feeling like one.

"Are you okay?" He asked me once he starts driving. I asked myself this question. Am I okay? And the answer came No, nothing is okay with me. I am not fine but I can't tell anyone that.

"Yes" I answered and looked out of the window at the passing trees. I don't think I can ever be happy, my happiness went away with my mother even now I have my brother but I still don't feel at peace, there is still some emptiness inside me. My heart is not at peace and I don't think it will ever be.

I should tell Elliott about me and our mother, he has the right to know it but I don't know there is something stopping him from telling all this but what, I don't know?

As we reached home all the guys were already inside, Asher sat me down on the living room couch.

"Here's your phone" he said as he gave me my phone which I realize I left in his car when Ian caught us.