Chapter 8

Harry POV

The guys and I were in a van headed back to the hotel. They were all laughing and joking and having fun and stuff, but I just couldn't.

Lexi might like Zayn.

Lexi might like-

"Hey... you okay, Harry?" Niall asked.

I nodded. "Just tired."

"You sure?" Louis asked, concerned.

I nodded.

Next to me, Liam asked, "You sick? You look a bit sick..." he raised his hand, placing it on my forehead.

It was true that I had a slight headache, and my stomach was a bit queasy. But the headache probably had to do with the screaming fans, and the stomachache with the fact that Lexi might never be my girlfriend.

But when Liam pulled away, he frowned. "I think you might have a fever, Harry."

I raised my eyebrows, then curled up in a ball. I wasn't feeling any worse, but I just really wished Lexi were mine. I couldn't help it. God, I was lovesick.

You alright?" Zayn asked.

I was about to nod, but I shook my head no instead. I did feel pretty crappy, but I didn't care. I wasn't okay. And it was Zayn's fault.

Louis reached over and carded his fingers through my hair. "We're almost at the hotel, Hazza."

I nodded. I could see it. We were pulling into the parking lot. I really, really just wanted my nice, warm bed.

As we got out, a group of fans swarmed. I buried my head in Louis' neck, groaning. I knew there'd be Larry Stylinson crap everywhere tomorrow, but I couldn't be bothered right now. I just wanted someone to talk to. But since we couldn't, I would settle for this.

He rubbed my back and whispered in my ear, "Hazza, do you think you can make it to the hotel?"

I shrugged.

"Okay. C'mere. Let's try."

Together, the five of us ran for the hotel.

***

I was in my bed later, looking at all the new Larry Stylinson stuff on my phone, when Lexi texted me. At this point, I was feeling like utter crap.

Heartbreak Girl: hi

Me: hey

Heartbreak Girl: what's up?

Me: lying in bed.

Heartbreak Girl: how can you sleep after a concert? I'll be up all night...

Me: 1) not sleeping. I'm texting you. 2) I WANNA STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND JUMP AROUND UNTIL WE SEE THE SUN I WANNA STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND FIND A GIRL AND TELL HER SHE'S THE ONE.

Heartbreak Girl: wasn't that a 1d song

Me: ah, so you paid attention

Heartbreak Girl: kinda.

Here was my chance to confirm what I already suspected.

Me: so... who was your favorite?

Heartbreak Girl: idk... Zayn?

Me: oh. I like Harry. He's great. Zayn's a twat.

My heart had literally exploded into a bunch of tiny little pieces. And on top of that, my stomachache had worsened. I rushed to the bathroom.

I put my head over the toilet and began to heave. I couldn't help but wonder in my state of distress if Lexi was good at comforting people. Probably. I wished she was here to comfort me.

Ah well.

Louis did eventually hear me and come in, rubbing my back, but I still wanted Lexi.

"You good?" he asked when I stopped.

I nodded. "Sorry for waking you, Lou."

He shrugged. "It's fine. Go on back to bed."

We both returned to our beds, and I picked up my phone again. A good fifteen minutes had now passed.

Heartbreak Girl: Okay...

Heartbreak Girl: ...hello?

Heartbreak Girl: bitchney?

Heartbreak Girl: sorry if I somehow offended you... 😢do u hate me now?

Me: sorry I didn't respond Lexi... I'm not mad.

How could I ever hate her? I couldn't even be angry at her, as it wasn't her fault she liked Zayn.

Heartbreak Girl: WTF  I THOUGHT YOU DIED. WHERE WERE YOU???

Me: bathroom

Heartbreak Girl: for twenty minutes...?

Me: I was vomiting my guts out

Heartbreak Girl: haha very funny

Heartbreak Girl: wait for real?

Me: yes! why would I lie about that?

Heartbreak Girl: idk. You sick? Or just like weird

Me: I'm sick

Heartbreak Girl: that sucks

Me: yeah, kinda

Heartbreak Girl: well I'll leave you alone so you can sleep. Good night, sickie. get well soon x

Me: night x

I wanted to tell her that she didn't have to leave me alone. Who even cares about sleeping? I wanted to talk to her all night; I wouldn't be able to get to sleep now anyway.

But, nonetheless, I lay in bed, sniffling a bit.

She had put a kiss at the end of the text... Did that mean anything, or was that just something girls - and guys, sometimes - did?

Either way, that last message insinuated she cared about me... even just a little. That was progress, considering that a month ago she thought I was a fifty year old creep.

I rolled over in my bed and smiled. And for now, I was content.