Chapter 20

Harry POV
I was rudely awoken that morning (the 24th of July, 2015 to be exact) at 5AM by Liam calling me.

"Mm... what?" I whispered, trying not to wake Lexi.

"Management wants you back by noon," he responded annoyedly, sleep laced in his voice.

The boys all knew where I was, and they were on my side. (Louis had wished us the best of luck, Liam had said that I had better be careful with what I say about my feelings, and Niall had suggested I get her pregnant so that half of One Direction could be fathers. Louis slapped him upside the head.)

So the annoyance in Liam's voice was directed at management, and I could tell by the slight hoarseness in his voice that he'd either been up late watching (and yelling at) football or arguing with management. I preferred to think it was the latter, but I didn't ask.

"Mate," I whispered. "I slept with her." In my half asleep state, I didn't quite realize what I'd just said.

"You what? Jesus, Harry!"

My eyes, which had been sliding closed, popped open. "No! God, no. Sorry. I mean, like, literally slept. Like, clothes on."

I could practically see the look of relief on his face.

"Look, I gotta go. I'll be back at one."

"Management said noon."

"Well, I said one, so I'll damn well be back at one. I'll handle management myself."

Lexi POV
I woke up to Harry having a hushed phone call.

"Who ya talking to?"

He looked down in surprise. "Gotta go. See ya," he muttered into the phone.

"Sorry love. Didn't mean to wake you. And that was Liam."

"Mm 'kay."

"Wanna go out for breakfast?" Harry asked.

I nodded sleepily. "What time is it?"

"5:11. In the morning."

"Well, duh. I thought it was five in the evening. Don't I look dumb."

I got up, and turned to him. "You might wanna get changed."

He nodded. "Meet you back here in an hour?"

"Boy, you're crazy. Two hours. See you at exactly 7:11."

He smiled a bit send walked out. I heard him mutter, somewhat wistfully, "it's a date."

Shaking my head, I went to take a shower. Letting the warm water run over me, I thought.

I thought about Harry's hair. I thought about his eyes. His dimples. His skin. His smile. His voice. Pinning it to the boy I'd texted, I could picture it very clearly.

But I had to stop.

Killian was my boyfriend. And as soon as we left college, he'd propose. He promised. We'd get married, have six children: Hadley, Oliver, Lucy, Owen, Ellie, and Graham. He'd be a doctor, and I'd be a lawyer. That was safe. That was the plan.

Harry was just a boy I kind of knew. And he wasn't planning a proposal. He hadn't promised anything. We wouldn't get married. We wouldn't have children. He'd never be a doctor, even if I was a lawyer. He was not safe. He was not in my plan.

But I wanted him. God, I wanted him. Was it wrong? Was I a bad person? Killian was a sweetheart, but Harry was... special.

Shaking off my thoughts, I got out of the shower, putting on blue converse, black skinny jeans, and my Doctor Who shirt. I slipped on a couple bracelets and pulled my hair up, admiring my nails. (which I had painted myself, I might add.)

My makeup simple, I rushed out to meet Harry, wondering what Killian would think.

a/N: decided to skip guitar AHAHAHAHA I'm such a bad person 😈 bye...
xoxo,
S&P