Epilogue

*please read the a/n*

Third person POV

Twenty years after...

"The mouse in the barn ate my homework. It was totally unfair! How could Mrs. Fiori do this to me? Now I have stupid detention," thirteen year old Darcy Styles ranted.

Harry smiled. "You're tutored privately, love. It's not detention. Just an extra hour of tutoring."

"Yeah, an extra hour I could be spending on literally anything else. My life sucks. You guys just don't get it!"

"Yeah," fifteen year old Ben (yes, named after Lexi's brother) put in. "She always tells me to stop drawing while she's teaching."

Eight year old Alice agreed as well. "She cut sandbox time five minutes short!"

Lexi and Harry shared a conspiratorial look. Their three children had been pampered their whole lives; Lexi most definitely knew what it was like to have a sucky life.

"Did we ever tell you kids how we met Mrs. Fiori?" Harry asked.

Darcy was the first to shake her head, with Ben and Alice quick to follow.

"Well, sit down then," Lexi said. "Her full name is Shelby Annamarie Fiori. And in many ways, she is the reason your father and I are... well, together at all. But to really know the story, we have to start from the beginning. When I first started texting Styles over here."

Harry smiled, showing off his dimples.

"It started twenty years ago, when I myself was sixteen. And I was bored. Incredibly bored.
I was sitting in math class, my least favorite. I hated math with a passion..."

~~~
Ten years after...

"Haz," Lexi began, addressing her husband.

He raised his eyebrows in reply.

"I've been thinking... Ben needs to start school next month."

Harry jolted forward in his seat. "Sh*t. I forgot."

Lexi laughed, glancing at their young children, ages three and five, tumbling all over the place. "I know," she said. "So did I."

"We can't send them to public school. They'll get demolished as the children of the Harry Styles."

"The Harry Styles? Lord, don't flatter yourself."

They laughed, and disappeared into thought for a moment.

"You know," Lexi started absentmindedly. "Lots of, er, celebrity couples get tutors for their kids."

"You think we should get a tutor?"

Lexi shrugged. "But I heard Shelby Fiori is doing quite well now."

"So? What's that got to do with anything?"

"She got a college degree."

"That's good."

"In teaching."

"...oh!"