Chapter 31

Harry POV
We pulled up at Lexi's house and I took a deep breath. No cars home yet, so her mom was still out. Sighing, I allowed us to just sit there for a while, knowing we shouldn't get out until we had to, so the fans wouldn't find us.

After ten minutes of waiting, a gray car pulled up. A tall woman carrying groceries got out, and I assumed it was Lexi's mother. Allowing her to go up the stairs, I ran up to her, the kids behind me.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Barnes... can I talk to you please?"

It took her a moment, but she reluctantly nodded. Then her eyes widened. "You're the boys from that band my daughter recently fell in love with, aren't you?"

I found myself blushing. "Lexi loves us?"

"Yes, she- how did you know my daughter's name?"

"I... I'll explain when we get inside. But, ma'am, we do need to hurry. I expect fans will be showing up soon if we don't."

She nodded, ushering us in.

"So, what can I do for you boys? Are you here for Lexi? LEXI!" she yelled. "That's odd. She usually answers."

A sickening sense of dread began to sink in. "Miss, we're going to explain something to you. And we're gonna go really fast, because we have something important to do. Okay?"

She nodded.

So I told her. Lexi and I met accidentally, she came to our concert, I told her I loved her, she told me she loved me, I said I was called Alfie to hide my identity. "And then she didn't respond after that," I continued. "She said she heard a noise, but she didn't come back. I think something's happened to her."

"You come into my house, saying you've been stalking my daughter for a month, and you think she's been kidnapped?"

"Harry just-" Louis began.

She started sobbing. "I knew it. I knew it. I knew something was up. I just didn't suspect this. Oh my god... Th-thank you, Harry."

"Thank you? I... I haven't done anything."

She looked at me, wide eyed. "Alexandra hasn't told you..."

"Told me what?"

She looked hesitant. "It's not my secret to share, I'm afraid. Let's look for my daughter now, shall we?"

I nodded. What secret? I was thinking.

Together we looked all over the house, searching for anything that might lead us to Lexi.