Chapter 25

Harry POV
Done. Done. Done.

I was done.

I knew there was a bridge coming up ahead. I was going for it.

I saw the bridge.

I was on the bridge.

I was on the edge of the bridge.

I froze. Did I really want this?

"HARRY!!! Don't jump, my god, don't jump," I heard Lexi say.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I need you. I love you. Please."

I shook my head. "I can't do this anymore, Lexi. I'm sorry."

"No..." But I could see she couldn't stop me. She felt like she had no right to, I guess. But I believed that I was too far done at this point to be coaxed off the edge anyway.

"Please, Harry," Lexi whispered.

I shook my head.

"You're upset. If you just come down here, calm down, we can work this out. You can be my baby's father. Please. I only want you."

I pondered that.

Then, turning towards the edge again, I said, "I love you, Lexi. So, so much. Be a good mother."

Then, right before I jumped, she grabbed my arm. I thought for sure she would tell me to stop. Force me to come back.

She just stared at me sadly. "You know what my favorite book is? The Mortal Instruments. One quote in there I never understood. To love is to destroy. To be loved us to be the one destroyed. It's not true. But it is, on a level. I'm sorry I destroyed you, Harry." She was crying.

She stepped back.

Before I could second-guess myself, I jumped.

And
the
whole
way
down
I
was
only
thinking
one
thing...
L
E
X
I

{kinda taken from Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl oops}

Lexi POV
I meant to scream. Cry. Bawl my eyes out. But I just stood there, uncomprehending. I knew I'd never be able to live with myself knowing he died because of me.

Slowly, slowly, I walked, one foot in front of the other, to the edge.

Looking down, I saw it. Because it wasn't a him. That couldn't be a person. It was the mangled body of Harry Edward Styles. And I had caused it. God. I killed him. Basically.

Millions of girls would hear about this. Maybe not today. Maybe not even tomorrow. But they would. And Directioners have been through enough already. I pretty much just ruined their lives.

And they'd find out it was my fault.

And then they'd kill me.

They way I see it, I can die one of two ways.

At the hands of raging Directioners... or of my own accord, next to the boy I loved.

But you're pregnant.

But who cares? Pregnancy ruined my life. I don't want to raise this child, knowing it was the cause of my boyfriend's demise.

But your family and friends.

My school friends don't get me. My real friends don't care about me. Killian hates me. Mom and Dad will live. Rosalie will move on.

But school.

Somehow I don't think it's that important anymore.

My fault my fault my stupid fault.

I deserved this.

So I took a deep breath, ready to be reunited with the boy I loved.

Right before I jumped, I imagined the headlines.

Harry Styles found dead under bridge with pregnant girl!

Who was Harry Styles' mystery girl - and why are they both dead?

Did Harry Styles die for love?

Mystery girl named: Alexandra Barnes, Harry's secret girlfriend

Why did they jump?

I jumped.

And
the
whole
way
down
I
was
only
thinking
one
thing...
H
A
R
R
Y

And then I woke up.