Chapter 50

*whoops unedited because lazy 👍🏼👌🏽😅*

Lexi POV
I tightened my belt, grabbing a hair tie to pull my hair up in a bun.

It had been over a year since 'the incident,' and it was going to be a busy day.

This morning (ten o'clock) was Shelby's trial. The reason it had been put off for so long was because her mother and psychiatrist had stated that she needed time for 'mental recuperation.' Apparently some other 'very personal' things had happened to her. Personally, I felt that I needed more mental recuperation than that little twerp did, but whatever.

After that, my friends and I were going out for dinner and to an under 21 club for my eighteenth birthday. (For anyone who doesn't know, you have to be 21 to drink alcohol in America, where Lexi lives) Then they were spending the night at my house.

Not to mention, February was well under way, and I hadn't heard from any colleges yet. My top choice had been Harvard, but it was now Oxford, in the U.K, so I could be close to Harry. One Direction was about to begin their tour, but there was talk of me tagging along.

"Lexi! Niall and Louis are here!" my mom called.

"Coming!"

The boys had an interview earlier, but it was broken down into two parts: Harry, Zayn, and Liam, and Niall and Louis. Niall and Louis' took place first, so it was decided that they should take me to the trial and the others would meet us there. My mom couldn't drive because her car has a flat tire, Rose was in California at college, and I still didn't have my license.

I ran downstairs, hugging the guys. Harry had told me I'd become close with the lads, a and I did. They were great friends, even if they were complicated and dramatic.

"Hi there, love," Louis grinned, hugging me back. I hugged Niall as well: I hadn't seen any of them in three months, and I missed them.

"Missed ya, Lex," Niall added.

My mom walked in then. "We'd better get going, then. We're running a bit late."
~~~

Harry POV
I couldn't sit still. I hadn't seen my girlfriend in months, and this basic interviewer wouldn't shut up and let me leave.

"So, Harry, you're the only single one out of you three, is that correct? Zayn, Liam, you're both taken?"

Zayn nodded. "Yeah, I'm with Perrie Edwards. She's wonderful."

Liam nodded. "I'm taken by Sophia. Uh, Sophia Smith."

But I, in my half-present state shook my head. "No, I'm not single."

Sh*t.

Liam and Zayn looked at me, shocked. The interviewer raised her eyebrows, about to get her big scoop.

"Really? Who's the lucky lady?"

I cleared my throat. "Um... Her... her name is Lexi. She's... great. Really supportive and sweet and... yeah."

And I might've completely confessed to our private relationship, but that was okay. Because I was being honest.

~~~
I arrived at the courthouse of Shelby's trial. The poor child was there, small and frail. Her eyes were shadowed underneath from many sleepless nights.