Chapter 48

Harry POV
Me: who was at the doof?

Me: shoot I meant door XD

Me: ...Lexi?

Me: where did you goooo???

Me: lex I'm getting worried

Me: it's been thirty minutes wtf

Me: I'm sending help if you don't respond

Me: I'm sending someone.

I might be majorly overreacting, but hey, could you blame me? We'd just been kidnapped, and I'd really rather not have a repeat, thanks.

Me: hey, could you get a couple bodyguards and head over to Lexi's house? I think something's wrong, and I can't leave the hospital until the morning 😕

Louis: of course mate.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, then went back to spamming Lexi.

Me: Lexi Lexi Lexi

Me: Lou's on his wayyyy

Me: don't die babe

Me: I'm not kidding

Me: ...

Me: love you...

Me: ❤️

~~~

Lexi POV

"Walk with me?" he asked.

"Absolutely f*cking not. The last time I talked to you-"

I hadn't thought about that time since it happened...

"Dad? Is that you?"

"Lexi... it's been awhile, hasn't it, darling? How old are you now? Eleven?"

"Thirteen."

"Ah. So, what did you want?"

"To... to ask why you left..."

He laughed a harsh, angry laugh. "There was nothing there for me."

"What about your family? What about me?"

"You mean nothing. Besides, I abused and abandoned you. What more do you expect from me? What do you f*cking want?"

"I want my brother back," I yelled, turning and running away.

"You... you told me I meant nothing to you. And let's not even talk about how you killed your own son. You're such an asshole. Leave. Now."

He cringed. "Dammit, just let me explain."

"I don't want your explanation," I hissed.

But he grabbed my hand nonetheless, dragging me to his car and forcing me into the passenger seat.

He locked the doors.

"Let me out," I insisted.

"Hear me out first, Alexandra. Now, let me see... Ah, well. I'll start with the day I left, then. I let my temper take control... well, my temper and the alcohol. I was not only abusing you kids and your mom, but myself, with alcohol and drugs. So, you see, I was as much a victim as you and your brother."

"Except you made the choice to do that to yourself. And you didn't die."

"But I've been better, Lex. Really, I have. I've stopped doing drugs, I only smoke on occasion, and I've learned to control the alcohol. What do you say to that?"

"I have a lot to say to that. One, don't call me Lex. You lost that privilege years ago. Two, I don't believe you, because you have little cocaine bits on your nose, cigarette breath, and two cases of vodka on the back seat. That's what I have to say to that."

"Lexi... I just want another chance, please."

He looked so desperate, so sad. I almost wanted to forgive him. But...

"My baby brother doesn't get another chance."

I reached over and unlocked the door, tears building behind my eyes. I ran for the cemetery, where Ben was buried.

~~~
Harry POV

The nurses let me out early for a "miraculously quick recovery." In other words, they were sick of my nagging. I hobbled to the car.

Telling the driver Lexi's address, I was on my way.

~~~
Lexi POV

I turned the corner to the cemetery

~~~
Louis POV

I turned the corner to Lexi's house

~~~
Harry POV

I turned the corner out of the parking lot

~~~
Lexi POV

I collapsed at Ben's grave.

"Benny," I gasped. "God, oh god, Benny... why?! Oh god, why?"

~~~
Louis POV

There was a car outside Lexi's house. The bodyguards ran up to it... the police were called...

Apparently Lexi's dad was wanted for drug dealing.

He was arrested.

~~~
Harry POV

I arrived just as he was hauled away.

But that's okay, because that meant Lexi was finally safe.

I had a gut feeling that she was with Ben.

She was.

A/N: I'm not even going to give excuses. I just suck at deadlines. I'm sorry, ok?! HAHAHAHA I suck. Sorry 😕😕😕😕