Chapter 38

Lexi POV
"Hey... uh... What's happening here?" I asked.

A pretty ginger haired girl smiled. "So you don't know? Harry Styles from One Direction was seen here!"

Okay. What? Does this mean he came after me? Was... was the car in Shelby's driveway his?

Oh crap. For all I know, I just abandoned Harry Styles in a kidnapping twelve year old's house. Wonderful.

"Oh... Okay, thanks," I said, and started running. I had come quite a way since Shelby's house, so I had no clue where her house was. But I figured there'd be a police station nearby somewhere, so I'd report this.

Somehow.

I ran, and ran, and ran...

And I saw the police station. Thank God.

I went up to the station, fixing my wind blown hair and taking a deep breath. I caught a glance of my reflection in the window. I looked like a gaggle of monkeys had come and used my hair as floss.

I looked like bugs had been flying in and out of my mouth.

I looked like I'd seen a ghost.

Basically, I looked like a demon spawn from Hell.

Sighing, I went into the police station.

"Hello...?" I said.

"Hello, miss," a black haired cop in her mid thirties said. "What may we do for you?"

"My... my name is Alexandra Barnes. I'm from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and I just escaped from a kidnapper. I'm not sure where we are, but I wrote down the kidnapper's address."

She rose her eyebrows. "Sit down, please."

She looked through a few files. "Alexandra Barnes. Sixteen. Went missing yesterday evening, approximately 6:00PM. That you?"

I nodded.

"Okay then, Miss Barnes. I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

A few questions turned out to be a million. What was the address? Explain what happened exactly. Were you injured?

The whole time, I was like, fudge this. I gotta call Mom, I gotta call Rose, and Killian, and Emmy, and Elaine. I couldn't care less about this damn police report...

I GOTTA FIND HARRY.

I didn't tell the nice police officer about him. I felt slightly guilty, but I had reasons.

#1: selfishly, I wanted to be the one to contact him.

#2: even more selfishly, I didn't want to have to explain even more.

#3: it was like our secret. Sort of. For now.

#4: I wasn't even 100% sure Harry was in that house.

I think four good reasons is enough.

Mercifully, the discussion/interrogation eventually came to a close.

"Now I'm sure you have loved ones to contact, dear. The phone is all yours."

I called everyone.

But when it came to Harry, I drew a blank.

No way was I calling him. I didn't even know his, like, number.

So I pulled out my phone. (which I had found, cracked and broken.) The telephone feature didn't work, none of the apps worked... But, miraculously, my texting opened up without a problem. I took that as a blessing from God.

Me: heyheyheyheyhey im alive

Me: and I have to say something

Me: if you have that car parked out front of that kid Shelby's house, then yeah oops. I'm not there anymore. I escaped. Im at a police station and I need you to get tf out of there because it's dangerous. Please just leave. I'll go home you'll go home and we'll forget this happened...? But just fyi there's a shitload of screaming girls in town... talking about Harry Styles

Me: crazy right?

Me: now do you wanna hear something even crazier?