(12) mashiho's backstory.

TW : SUICIDE !! skip part if uncomfortable. thx :)

MASHIHO'S BACKSTORY.

mashiho had a friend named "beom"

he was his "best-friend" ever since mashiho was a kid.

they promised each other , no one will leave between them. they should be together until they get old or until they finished college.

well? the promise was useless. it was nothing. what's the purpose of promises when they're still gonna break it?

-

day 1 , start of it all.

"beom! why are you bruised?" mashiho asked , both of them are outside the school and beom just arrived - mashiho waited for like 5 minutes.

"what bruised? this is nothing , i just fell" beom answered without looking at mashiho.

"it didn't look like you fell , beom."

"what do you mean? i just fell into the stairs earlier while cleaning." beom replied.

although the bruises beom have , it didn't- look like fell into the stairs. what bruises could it be?

-

day 2 , still bruises ...

mashiho's pov.

i've been seeing beom having bruises lately , and also i noticed the look on his faces , he looks frightened every single time.

and ofcourse , i will not let this down.

i went into beom's classroom , i grabbed his wrist and we went outside.

"beom talk to me. what's wrong?"

"w-what do you mean? nothing's wrong and im fine."

"are you bullied?" i asked.

"what??? that's absurd , im not."

"who's bullying you? let me talk to them"

after waiting for beom to answer. he finally did.

"jaru and kei. they're both bullying me. maybe kei is just an ally of jaru."

i frowned. "who made this bruises?"

"... jaru did."

i sighed angrily.

"why didnt you tell me?" i asked him , im upset. upset as hell.

"im sorry , i don't want to bother you."

"w-what? bothering me? beom you are bullied! you should tell me or the teachers!"

"tell me next time if they are still bullying you , okay?"

beom nodded.

"dont worry , i'll protect you."

-

day 3.

'i cant protect you.'

day by day i always witness beom getting into the class late than usual , yet no bruises on the body.

and one day , mashiho found him at the back of the building , all beaten up ... in his ... cheeks.

mashiho teared up on what he witnessed. as he ran into beom's.

"i told you to tell me!" mashiho shouted.

"i cant .. they told me if i tell anyone ... he'll destroy my life."

"your life is already destroyed if you will keep it like this!" mashiho shouted at him once again.

-

mashiho went inside the school and he just went inside jaru's classroom , he just ignored those students looking at him.

he put on his innocent kinda looking face and went closer to jaru.

"can we talk?" mashiho asked.

jaru looked into him , rudely. "who are you?"

"mashiho , follow me. i'll treat you."

and the stupid jaru followed him.

they arrived into the back of the school canteen.

"hey you jerk , where are you taking me?" jaru asked.

mashiho didnt answer and just glared at him , seconds after , he suddenly punched him in the face.

mashiho grabbed his collar "are you bullying beom?"

jaru chuckled "why do you care?"

"he's my bestfriend. ofcourse i care! why did you bully him?! did he do something to you or what?!"

"screw your friendship , if i bully beom , i'll bully him. its none of your business"

"screw you!" mashiho punched him making him fall to the ground.

mashiho punched him more.

mashiho kept on thinking why he is doing all of this , punching jaru. he's not supposed to be doing this. he's not a bad guy.

"you lost this time. my order is for you to leave beom alone. if i catch beom getting beaten up by you again , i'll ruin your life. got it?" mashiho said and walked away , leaving jaru alone.

-

day ??? , reassurance.

mashiho's pov.

its been a week since i last talked with beom. he's not replying to my messages. and when i went into his house , his younger brother always say that he's asleep. i could not contact his mother nor his father , because they're out for a business trip on germany.

i wonder if beom is doing okay.

-

2 weeks of not getting in-touch with beom.

today is the day , i hope i'll get an update about beom.

and i did.

from : beom.

"mashi. can you meet me at the rooftop?"

"huh?"

ive never seen him for 2 weeks. so i went immediately into the rooftop.

i widened my eyes as i saw beom , face full of bruises and cuts.

beom is at the edge of the rooftop.

"beom?! what are you doing?!"

beom just smiled. "im tired of this life , mashiho. although i want you here to thank you , thankyou for everything , i saw how you defended me and im thankful for that. i love you always. look after my brother , okay?"

my eyes got full of tears.

"beom ... listen to me. please , listen to me."

"i have nothing to listen into. I've had enough , take care of yourself , okay?"

beom smiled before letting go of the railings , making him fall.

i tried to ran into him , in order to catch his hand.

but i failed.

-

1 week after the incident.

i am traumatized. i did not get out of my room after that incident. i trust no one. even my best friend left me.

asahi and my grandma are the only people who are there for me the whole time.

asahi keeps on comforting me.

i appreciate asahi being there for me.

and also my grandma.

but.

that wont change anything.

i am traumatized for life.

i am scared of gaining a new friend

because what if they will also leave me?

just like beom did?

doyoung , asahi and grandma are the only people i trust.

that still wont change anything.