1) The Beginning of the End

I would like to thank a couple of people before I stark this book. Those that suggested it becomes an actual book instead of just an imagine, and the one who helped come up with the whole idea and plot. I couldn't have done this without you and I am forever in gratitude for making this possible :)

-

Your name was (Y/n) Stark. And your story? It was a complicated one.

Your father was incredibly famous. A billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, and a manufacturer of weapons. Stark Industries to be exact. And it was because of his playboy nature that you came to be.

He'd never told you exactly what happened, but, as you got older, it was easy enough to figure out that your mother was just another one night stand to him. She died when you were born so you never got to know her. Because of that, you were all but forced on your father and it was always easy to tell he didn't appreciate it.

Tony and you didn't have a great relationship. He was always away 'working', and, if he wasn't working, he was drinking or hooking up. You thought it was to get away from you.

You were sitting in your room now bored to death. Your dad was supposed to be heading to his plane for some trip to Afghanistan to unveil a new weapon or something. You didn't really pay much attention. He should've left over an hour ago but he was Tony Stark so of course he was never on time. You didn't know how long he'd be gone but you were sixteen and had learned to look after yourself from a very young age. Plus you had Pepper around so it's not like you wouldn't see anyone.

When you heard JARVIS saying he was about to leave, you got up and headed downstairs. You were about to say goodbye when you overheard your name being mentioned.

"Shouldn't you say goodbye to (Y/n)?" Pepper asked.

"Just tell her I'll be back eventually." You heard your dad say in response.

That hurt like a punch to the gut. Why didn't he want to say goodbye to you?

"Tony, she's your daughter."

"I'm aware."

"Don't you think-"

"-Trust me, she knows how to look after herself. She'll survive a day or two alone."

You heard the door shut and sighed. You debated going after him but decided against it, thinking that if he cared, he would have said goodbye. Clearly, he didn't. Instead, you just went back up to your room.

You had a gorgeous view of the ocean from your Malibu home. You had a life of luxury, being the daughter of a billionaire, but the public didn't know much about you. Some people speculated about your name, but that was pretty much it.

You looked out at the beautiful horizon and wished more than anything you could get out and see the world. You were jealous of your dad in that way because his job had him travelling everywhere from Washington to Monaco, London to Tokyo, and so much more.

And now he was in Afghanistan.

But he'd be okay. It was just a weapons demonstration. He'd be home by the week's end.

-Four Days Later-

-Tony POV-

Tony Stark was not okay. I mean, who would be after being kidnapped by a terrorist organization and having your life completely dependent on an electromagnet and a car battery?

They wanted him to build the Jericho missile, the one he demonstrated a few days before. But, despite the danger of not cooperating, he had other plans anyway. The man he was locked up with, Yinsen, was going to help him build their way out of there.